New Member from Florida.

KC4MNE

Ensign
First Name
Manuel
Looking for a 29 Osmond Beal, AJ 28, 28BHM, or others but looking for beam under 11' length 28-30, prefer no more than 36" draft.

Previously has a 26 shamrock that I rebuilt and put a cummins 6bta370, should not have sold it. Currently have a 29 open fish with a pair of 300 Suzuki's. But always really wanted a real DE lobster boat.

Any ideas where to go hunting?

Bern

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
Muscle Ridge 28
It seems like anything turnkey is gone in hours. If you have skills and are willing to repower or finish, there should be some options.

Amelia Man

Lieutenant
Atlantic ocean between LBI,NJ and Amelia Island FL
First Name
Jay
Looking for a 29 Osmond Beal, AJ 28, 28BHM, or others but looking for beam under 11' length 28-30, prefer no more than 36" draft.

Previously has a 26 shamrock that I rebuilt and put a cummins 6bta370, should not have sold it. Currently have a 29 open fish with a pair of 300 Suzuki's. But always really wanted a real DE lobster boat.

Any ideas where to go hunting?
I'm out of my boat just like you. Sold my 24 Sailfish w/Twin 150 Yamaha 4 cycle. Was a sweet boat. Now I'm looking for a DE 26 to 28 with a diesel. I have been looking on www.smartmarineguide.com/ Site carries a lot of older and custom built boats. Also here we have a form section for WTB. Good luck.

Kailua Kid

Captain
Website
www.gibbonslawgroup.com
Boat Make
General Marine 26; Klamath 19; Sparkman & Stephens Yankee 38 sloop
I'm out of my boat just like you. Sold my 24 Sailfish w/Twin 150 Yamaha 4 cycle. Was a sweet boat. Now I'm looking for a DE 26 to 28 with a diesel. I have been looking on www.smartmarineguide.com/ Site carries a lot of older and custom built boats. Also here we have a form section for WTB. Good luck.
When I was on the hunt for a downeast boat, after an expensive and fruitless search, I called General Marine and spoke with Stacy and Dave to find out whether they knew of any GM 26s about to come on the market. Someone on this forum suggested that approach and it paid off for me: They had two in the yard about to go on the market and I bought one of them. So, I suggest you call the various builders and ask. They seem to know of boats about to be listed, either because of a possible trade-in upgrade or just because they keep track of their builds. Good luck with the search. It will be worth the effort when you find the right boat!

KC4MNE

Ensign
First Name
Manuel
Found a modified navy 33' utility boat with a 6V53TI detroit in it locally. Read on the forums that the hull it is similar or the same as the old Webbers Cove 34'. Will post some pics when I get her home next week.

Boat Make
Jarvis Newman 36
I think I know where you can get a very nice Jarvis Newman 36. It only has an 11ft beam. This one is gas power and I think less than 60k. Simple boat but beautiful. Up in midcoast Maine

Top Bottom