Bill Morris

Deckhand
First Name
Bill
My name is Bill Morris and I just joined this forum. I have been a blue water SAILor for the last 72 years (I started when I was 5). I moved to Albany, NY and a sailboat here is not what one would want. I just bought (pending survey) a 1992 35' Nauset Downeaster, my first power boat. I am not totally bereft in knowledge of power boats. I drove the tourist boat in Newport, RI harbor, the launch at a boatyard and my yacht clubs, but these were summer jobs (I was a teacher). I am crew certified in the USCGAux and drove boats on patrols.

This feels different. I feel like I am starting over, and here I sit lacking local knowledge of river boating and power boating. Any advice anyone can give me will not fall on deaf ears.

Thank you.

Crabboater

1st Mate
First Name
Rick
Boat Make
MDI 30 / Farrin
This is great group filled with helpful folks, good luck. Love the looks of that Nauset. Major rebuild thread for yo to follow

Henry

1st Mate
Boat Make
Duffy 31
I too was a life long sailor. Started in Penguins on the Chesapeake when I was 5, on to bigger boats and ocean racing by the time I was 16. Had always owned my own sailboat and raced until I was 70. I then sold my sail boat and bought a Duffy 31. That was 5 years ago and occasionally I miss sailing; about twice a year!
You will get the hang of it pretty quickly. The best thing about a power boat is that you can always be on time for happy hour plus or minus five minutes!
Great people here; just ask!

xbskt

Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
13 Whaler, 14 Salty Boats, 28 Crowley Beal, 36 Northern Bay. WTF!?!
Welcome.
There are a bunch of Nauset guys on here. Be patient and once done with introductions ask any question in one of the general sub forums and you will get plenty of feedback.
Enjoy.

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Welcome to the forum Bill. All I can tell you regarding "river boating" is that you never have to wait for a tide change anymore. ;) Happy motoring!

Top Bottom