New power for my 30'

Palawanbound

Lieutenant
Boat Make
30 ft Flowers
I am really happy with the cruising speed for the 30' but once I put 40 traps or more on speed goes down to around 12kt & gas mileage goes down.I went to the Yamaha dealer in Stonington this morning, he is trying to get me a deal on a new 350 Yamaha.If or when we can do this repower I am going to give my keel a shave,hopefully take care of 2 things at once.I haven't been able to get my photographer to take some pics,I bribed her tonight with lobsters so hopefully this week we can get some pics underway & with a load on.

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

duxbait

Captain
You guys know diesel not outboards! Buy a Yamaha, Imo a much better engine. I know of multiple etecs that have had major breakdowns after 1000hrs. On the other hand, I know of a bunch of long running Yamahas, a couple that were over 5k hours.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

Eastporter

Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Check out the photo gallery of the Duffy 29'H for photos of the keel. It appears to be pretty shallow, with a tapper aft. The bracket and twins are a nice touch for getting the engines out of the way and providing a swim platform. I think the transom door could work for getting to the platform for kids. This design might work in your application, since the hulls are similar. Also note the spray rails that continue below the waterline aft to act as lifting rails.

The Duffy 29H

Last edited:
Top Bottom