New (to me) DE flybridge

Crabboater

Lieutenant
First Name
Rick
Boat Make
MDI 30 / Farrin
I am a long time member and poster to our fellow forum, the The Hull Truth, and a more recent member and poster to DE, as I have been looking for a while to move up from my trusty 1997 Pursuit 2460 Denali (which sold in nanseconds - what a market!) . Nosed around Eastern 31's, Albin 36 ET's, Legacy 34's and a few Sabreliner 34's and decided on this 34 LOA flybridge.

Under the glam exterior is a Mount Desert Island "MDI 30" solid glass lobster hull, finshed by Farrin Brothers and later further modified. Big flybridge seats 5, v-berth and sette sleeps 4. Cummins Reconn 6BTA 370 installed 2013 and a bow thruster run the show, but not a fast boat with the extra lbs. "Kaleidoscope" heads to her new home port of Boston in next few days; maybe if I can ever retire she might go back to her former port of Boothbay Harbor, ME. Look for her at the Barking Crab, Boston.

yes, DE followers, this is the same Kaleidoscope most recently owned by DE'r Captain Kirk, who was a gracious and businesslike seller - many thanks, Sir!

IMG_3449.jpg IMG_3448.jpg IMG_3447.jpg

ArchHibb

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Five Islands 35 w/Cat 3116
Congrats and welcome to the club where boating is (almost) always comfortable

ccc

Lieutenant
Wow, congrats on a nice new ride! I am envious, I just picked up a very similar looking 30’ Sisu, but she’s nowhere near as glam on the outside. And like your experience my previous boat sold instantly, for more than I paid for it. If I’d had any patience I could have gotten a touch more money, I’m sure, but an easy transaction was top of mind once I’d committed to the new one. Enjoy!

Pitou

Commander
First Name
Kevin
Boat Make
'06 Albin 31 TE
Congrats on your new MDI.
I had looked into it when it first became available when it was advertised as a 35 (they were advertising LOA). Size wise it would have been a lateral move and didn't make sense for me personally, but she sure looked well put together and in great condition. That 6BTA is one of my favorite engines. All the best and Enjoy!

Beauly

Lieutenant
Lite User
Boat Make
Dyer 29
Top Bottom