New winter home for Raider Nation

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
Where did you get that frame and how much do they cost? Looks like it will work out well.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Looks good Ron! I'm guessing the ends are made with plywood ? If it were mine i'd bolt in some sort collar ties/gussets to stiffen up the frames. Maybe you don't get much wind where you live but if that was here i'd be chasing it down the road, we've had gusts over 70mph this week :eek: and it was blowing a steady 40 most of the other night.

shelter 2.jpg

Tunascapes

Commander
Looks great. I checked them out after you told me the brand and we are planning on going with the same one.

Frigate

Captain
Boat Make
38' Duffy/Flower
Ron,

A question and a statement.

Question: What is the shadow on the ground between the person taking the picture and the framing?

Statement: Just something for everyone to think about. In the town I live in they have accessory structure setbacks from the property lines. Where I live Ron's winter boat house would be an accessory stucture. If would really suck to have the boat all put away or ready to work on and the building inspector shows up and says your structure has to be moved now. Just check your local zoning ordinance before you put your boat or boat structure up.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

tomy

Commander
Boat Make
36 Wayne Beal
Frigate...you gotta vote out the people running yr town...that sucks...

Ronny...Nice job

Tommy:)

RKrough

Commander
Boat Make
Midland 19
Glad it is not an issue for you, it would be here. Just thought I would bring it up for everyone.

I live in one of those towns. Here in the Peoples Republic of Niskayuna NY the building inspector only shows up if someone complains. My neighbor to the west of me has a growing collection of British cars in various states of distress, The neighbor to the east of me has his liquor store fixtures covering half his backyard while he looks for a new location . The neighbor across the street is General Electric Global Research who have their own sheot to hide. If I get a visit I'll open a can of code violation whoop-ass on everyone.

I should be OK until spring :cool:

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website