new

Eastporter

Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Welcome to DEBF! I'm sure we can find you a boat. What is your budget?

CaptLuke

Rear Admiral
Welcome moetuna! Eastporter is your man he finds gems on a daily basis!
Here's a start
1995 20Ft Crowley
There is a thread in the found boats section that started today one of the members said he'll be posting some pics when he gets them

CaptLuke

Rear Admiral
Sorry wrong one
This is it
30' calvin beal
As for the northern bay there is also a thread on her somewhere in the found boats section. A few members have gone and looked at her and posted about their findings

Last edited:

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
Hello, I'm new to the forum . I'm looking to purchase a used downeast boat in the 28 -30 range . I was checking out this northern bay and was wondering if any of you had information on it.
Midcoast Yacht & Ship Brokerage (Tenants Harbor, ME)&

This is a very fine vessel. If the photos are as good in life I rate her 9 out of 10. She sports excellent power, quality windows, nice helm & no motor box. Plus she does not look like she was fish hard. The asking price is a very reasonable start. I am surprise she has not sold yet. I am sure she can do 20 knots at cruise at about 14 GPH. Love the boat. Shoot the lock off your wallet & get into the game!

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
This is a very fine vessel. If the photos are as good in life I rate her 9 out of 10. She sports excellent power, quality windows, nice helm & no motor box. Plus she does not look like she was fish hard. The asking price is a very reasonable start. I am surprise she has not sold yet. I am sure she can do 20 knots at cruise at about 14 GPH. Love the boat. Shoot the lock off your wallet & get into the game!

THis boat was heavily discussed in the found boats section recently. I am too inept to find the thread but it is there. A couple guys had seen it and commented too so its worth the look.

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Indeed she a Northern Bay top of the line with great power. Plus she is only a 2003. I bet it is the original owner who just wants out. Great helm & electronic also. Plus that 370 Yanmar is a diamond of a motor. Quiet, easy to work on & great on fuel. This boat will sell before May.

moetuna

Commander
What a great site. thank you all for your response .
Eastporter, I'm looking at a max of 70k .
I'm limited to 30ft ( slip ) . I have a mooring as well but this boat will eventually wind up in the slip . I'm currently fishing out of a 23 ft Parker.
Running out to 35 miles ( on great days of weather of course ) . Groundfish and Tuna . Getting a little older now and would like more room for some young help . Always loved the downeast boats ( who wouldn't ) . I did check out the previous thread on the northern bay ,thanks. I don't like the word neglect . If it needed just a little cleaning that's another thing , no problem . The headroom might be a problem though. I'm only 5ft8 but anyone 6 ft or over sounds like they would be banging there head . What does it take to have a few more inches added to the headroom ? Capt Luke, I did see the 30 foot Calvin beal the other day.
No pictures, no year on the boat, no hours on the motor. Makes me think it is an older boat that has been commercially fished ,maybe ?

CaptLuke

Rear Admiral
Moetuna , the owner turns out to be a member here. Pictures were posted yesterday and I'm sure he will answer any questions you have I believe he said the motor has 3200+/- hrs (don't hold me to that) but it's still pretty young. Keep an eye on the found boats forum as the guys on here all have the same sickness and whether they are in the market for a new boat or not they are always looking. chances are some one knows the boat personally, has looked at it or built it. These guys are a wealth of information and share their knowledge generously. Hope you did the right one! And enjoy the forum it's addicting.

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
What about this one *****28' Terry Jason, Downeast****2001 Anybody look at this yet ?

Another fine rig. Great power good electronic along with nice curb appeal...we like our boats pretty. T-Jason builds a very fine vessel with solid hull construction. However they are not yacht finished like the North Bay that also caught your eye. Both boats will perform pretty close T-Jason pushes real easy so I feel the speeds of both boats would be close.
I would put this boat on my must see list. The asking price is within reason so hop in your car & see them 1st hand.

moetuna

Commander
I noticed in an old posting of that Jason it says 250 hours on a Yanmar REMAN . The new posting is identical except for the REMAN . How are these engines after the've been remanufactured ?
And back to the Northern Bay , can anyone tell me how big a job it would be to raise the roof on that ?

moetuna

Commander
How about this one?

Has anyone checked this out ? Was wondering about the ford deisel. Good motor ?

CaptLuke

Rear Admiral
That t. Jason is a sweet little ride and it seems like a good price. Like captlarry said you have to get in the car go see them. I personally love driving to look at boats been to mass/Maine about 10s in the last 6 months trying to find the right one!
As or the Sampson looks like a cool little boat. I believe i have seen him fishing shrewsbury rocks from my ship. He was out a lot last summer I admired her from our pump out. Tried raising him a few times on The radio to no avail. As for the ford I would be lying if I claimed to know to much about them but that's what the engine room forum is for. If you ask questions these guys will tell answer.

Keep an eye on the boats Eastporter posts he should really be getting commission on some of these boats as he finds a lot of great deals

Eastporter

Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
I love the looks and power on the 28' Northern Bay (my first choice in your price range). I also like the 28' Crowley Beal below. Good luck and I'll keep posting if I see something that fits your budget.

Screen shot 2014-02-15 at 11.17.52 AM.jpg

Top Bottom