newbedford shark tournament

cpt.josh

Lieutenant
Boat Make
26'6 Prokat Badkittytoo
Home
I feel like this is a worthwhile tournament with a good cause. has anyone here fished it before if so enlighten me.

cpt.josh

Lieutenant
Boat Make
26'6 Prokat Badkittytoo
nevermind... just read the history new tournament I guess. Steve James inspired definitely wanna try and fish this tourney anyone else interested.

greg

Captain
There is a lot of back story to this tourney, none of which honors steve james or his tournament.

Go to the northeast section of thehulltruth.com and look for a string on the obmst.

Short story, the organizers are trying to muscle the family out of continuing running the tourney and are trying to grab the history for their own purposes. It all stinks.

Not telling you what to do, just saying if their was ever a tournament in honor of steve james, this ISN'T it.

cpt.josh

Lieutenant
Boat Make
26'6 Prokat Badkittytoo
hey Greg thanks for the heads up just read that Ive been so busy the last month i haven't really picked my head up too look at whats going on.SBCBA meeting tonight which Steven used to head up. Ill see what feeling I get from those guys. Dont particularly trust anything I read on the internet, much less from THT.

shawn_in_MA

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Sylvan
Steve James' family is running the tournament out of Newport this year. I have been invited to fish in that tourney on my buddy's boat. Not sure if I will or not yet.

boxcars4

Ensign
correct steve james family is running the one in newport where steve had orginally planned on having it. Its still the monster shark tournament! I will be fishing the newport monster shark tournament coming from the cape!

jasonsnova

Ensign
Steve James' family is running the tournament out of Newport this year. I have been invited to fish in that tourney on my buddy's boat. Not sure if I will or not yet.

YA you should totally stop thinking about it and just fish it with us!!
Consensus is most guys are fishing the Newport tourney or none.
Pretty shitty how they planned this on the exact same day as the Newport tourney well after the Newport tourney was announced.

Top Bottom