Newbie Hello

MarkP

Ensign
Hello Guys,

Permission to come aboard?

Just wanted to say hello. Been lurking for a few days and just joined.I am not a boat owner but love reading and living vicariously through you all.

I do love to fish and will jump on open spots here and there when finances are in check. Hopefully, someday soon I will be in a situation to purchase my own ride and the DE's are definitely an interest as I prefer not to have my back and kidneys slammed all day long and the efficiency, range, stability, storage, are qualities I admire.

I spent a fair amount of time fishing in the canyons the last few years on my buddies sport-fisher which unfortunately he recently has lost. I love it all inshore, offshore, fishery management, electronics, motors, general chatter, comm issues, rec issues, all are topics that peak my interests. Reading these forums and the like has become a pastime and I must say this is by far one of the most interesting and educational boards I have come across.

I really respect the commercial guys on here actually discussing some of the issues they face in an open honest manner. Reading these post's has been a pleasant change. The typical REC. vs Comm. battles that sadly have become the norm on most boards are doing no one any good. We all have to work together to find a solution to the issues plaguing the fisheries as a whole.

Wow, got a bit long winded. I hope you all have a safe and prosperous year. Hopefully, I might even see a few of you on the water some time.

Cheers,
Mark

CaptLuke

Rear Admiral
Welcome Mark!

Your in the right place. This is the best forum going IMO. A lot less BS then you will find on the other forums. The guys here are very helpful and knowledgable. Hope you enjoy it a much as I do.
- Luke

MarkP

Ensign
Thanks guys, Its nice when people take the time to say hello to a new member.

Top Bottom