newbie looking for Midland owners

caplockbob

Ensign
Boat Make
midland Ranger starcraft
HI, Was hoping to learn more about my 19 ft Midland and share restoration ideas. Love the boat(when not too rough) has that special look of downeast boats.

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
You're in the right place....there's been a few of those down here...the names escape me at the moment but I'm sure they'll chime in...

val273

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Miss my Seabird 23....
Any work/restoration you do on her...no matter how minor...WE WANT PHOTOS !!!...Good Luck !!

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
Hey guy

Bust out the circular saw and cut the decks out first. That'll be some motivation.

Cut first, research later while you marvel at your progress

val273

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Miss my Seabird 23....
The user "downeastboathull" on THT , The hull truth, has posted a excellently illustrated rebuild thread on this very hull...sorry I don't know how to paste it here.....

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Hey Bud. Welcome to the forum . If your serious about the rebuild I would do something similar to what I did to mine but just be prepared for a lot of work. You may be better off buying another hull that's laid up correctly unlike the midlands . That rebuild on the HT is mine. It was a shit load of work, money, and time. But if you wanna do it get the saw out and start tearing it up as start fresh. The things I would have done different is making sure the weep holes in the stringers were large enough , I would have added a little more of a pitch to the deck( right now water collects on fwd stbd side), and I would raise scuppers a bit. I don't know what you have for power but I went to a 70 Johnson from a 115 and it goes along find at about 18kts. Good luck and don't cheap out on pictures for us!

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

Eastporter

Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Hey Bud. Welcome to the forum . If your serious about the rebuild I would do something similar to what I did to mine but just be prepared for a lot of work. You may be better off buying another hull that's laid up correctly unlike the midlands . That rebuild on the HT is mine. It was a shit load of work, money, and time. But if you wanna do it get the saw out and start tearing it up as start fresh. The things I would have done different is making sure the weep holes in the stringers were large enough , I would have added a little more of a pitch to the deck( right now water collects on fwd stbd side), and I would raise scuppers a bit. I don't know what you have for power but I went to a 70 Johnson from a 115 and it goes along find at about 18kts. Good luck and don't cheap out on pictures for us!

Bill,
Did you ever figure out what made your boat turtle last year? Did you have to replace the engine because of it?

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
I'm thinking it was a combination of things.. The heavy motor (which I went from a 115 to a 70).. The chain may have been short (added 10ft).. And the boat was tied up to the Bollard post instead of the bow eye, which may have pulled it just at the right angle and under because the bow is so high. I don't know but just hoping it doesn't happen again .

RKrough

Commander
Boat Make
Midland 19
I rebuilt one last year, I'm in the Albany NY area. Love the boat, it handles well and has a smooth ride. If you are in my area feel free to contact me. 518-321-zero483

207.jpg
204.jpg

203.jpg
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo135/velonomad/IMG_0189.jpg[/IMG]

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
There is one for sale on Long Island Craigslist for $1200 w trailer..

RK. If you ever randomly see one of those enclosures for sale let me know!

RKrough

Commander
Boat Make
Midland 19
There is one for sale on Long Island Craigslist for $1200 w trailer..

RK. If you ever randomly see one of those enclosures for sale let me know!

Wish I had known you looking.There was a Midland doghouse on either the Jersey Shore or South Jersey Craigslist a few months ago. I'll keep an eye out for another one.

Top Bottom