Newbie With 31 Eastern

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
31' Eastern w/John Deere 6076 AFM30
Good Morning,

I am new here and know many of the members on the board and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Dave Waldrip and I admit it even though it is hard, I am a downeastaholic. I currently own and run a 1999 31' Eastern with a 300 HP John Deere called RELENTLESS for charters out of Green Harbor, MA. The boat has had many modification since I purchased it having a full flying bridge with the enclosure. It is now gone (amazing what you can do with good help and a sawsall) and looks like a downeast lobsterboat style with a winterback and outriggers. The boat has a VETUS bow thruster, head, troll valve, invertor, 80 gallon live well, rigging station and full electronics minus the auto pilot. Last winter we pulled the engine did a rewire job, replaced the AC/DC panel, new head, plumbing, water tank, waste tank, batteries, invertor and bow thruster. We also made the wise move of rebuilding the reduction gear when it was out and now the big project on the table is to replace the decks this winter. I love the boat, even though it is just a 14 knot cruise with eight on board but going all day on a twelve hour offshore charter and burning 55 gallons is fine with me.

I look forward to spending time on here and learning from some of the guys like tunalater? who has done remarkable work which I have seen on other sites. It will be nice to exchange information and maybe get some pointers from guys like Stew of SWBOATWORKS who gave me a tour of his shop and priced out my dream boat a CB 36 with 600 horses under the deck. His work is incredable but I am not in a position to pull the trigger on that one yet.

Once again, have a great day and glad to be here.

Capt Dave Waldrip
www.relentlesscharters.com

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 268 Islander, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Eastporter

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Welcome to the forum Capt. I checked out your website for your charter business and couldn't find any full photos of your Eastern. I'd love to see her "lines".

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
Thanks and Photos

Eastporter,

I do not have a big selection of photos but here are a few of the boat at the dock prior to placing the outriggers back on, the engine in the paint shop and in the boat.

Thanks,

Dave

Eastporter

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Nice looking boat! Very cool window arrangement in the pilothouse- must be a great view for your customers!

jawz

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
23 sea craft - 31 bertram
nice ship cap ! real nice !

i got "downeast envy"...:cry:

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
I imagine this is Capt Jerry (AKA McGivor) and thanks for taking care of the boys today before they headed off tuna fishing.

Dave

Top Bottom