Smsrudedog

Ensign
Boat Make
31BHM
Hi guys, thought I would introduce myelf. Steve Smith, been following this site a few years and love it. I own a 1995 26 General Marine, was the Grey Ghost and changed the name to Rudedog after Rudy my first APBT. We spent many of days fishing together and thought it only right to name my first DE after him.

2010 Rudedog 008.jpg

2010 Rudedog 010.jpg

val273

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Miss my Seabird 23....
Beautiful boat ! Nice to hear about a man and his dog.....what breed is APBT ?

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
I am going to guess American Pit Bull Terrier.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Last year I sold my GM26 and loved it. Ironically it was Bantry which was kept dry stored next to Grey Ghost. Chasing tuna this fall with it?

Smsrudedog

Ensign
Boat Make
31BHM
Yes he was a pit bull. And a great dog!!!!

Shawn purchased the boat in spring 2010, and cannot complain the boat runs great!!! have a caught a few tuna since we got her! With it being so slow this year we have made a few trips out wo any luck! But this year I am in the middle of studying my ass off and preparing for a promotional exam at work in October. So I need to prepare more than fish this year unfortunately but I will be out there just not as much as I like!!!

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
31' Eastern w/John Deere 6076 AFM30
Welcome

Boat looks great and looking at the picture, looks like it is at the old Browns Marina in NBPT. I grew up there and worked a bit for Wally Lysinski back in high school when not doing charters. Had lots of fun on the river and should not be here today with some of the stupid stuff we did as kids. Never knew jigging codfish in the mouth in November on an outgoing tide and NE wind was bad at that age. Promotional exam, do you work for the city by chance? Good luck on the exam and you will love this site. Welcome aboard and don't forget to post up.

Respectfully,

Dave

offshore31

Captain
Congrats on the boat and welcome. Funny how things turn out. When grey ghost was for sale, I kept trying to convince my first mate/accountant to let me get that one. But she wasn't interested in a DE that looked so fishy (Isn't that what a DE's supposed to be?). I was pretty disappointed when I saw someone bought it. Wasn't much out there at the time. You got a real nice ride.

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
Congrats on the boat and welcome. Funny how things turn out. When grey ghost was for sale, I kept trying to convince my first mate/accountant to let me get that one. But she wasn't interested in a DE that looked so fishy (Isn't that what a DE's supposed to be?). I was pretty disappointed when I saw someone bought it. Wasn't much out there at the time. You got a real nice ride.

Sometimes those first mates and accountants just don't understand, other times they can be a lifesaver. You are correct, yes they need to be fishy.

offshore31

Captain
Turned out ok for me in the end. Found plowin's 31 bhm and she liked it, so that's my new ride.

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
Offshore,

Sounds good, any pictures of the BHM without the tower and stand?

offshore31

Captain
Only have 1 from the day I moved it from Gloucester to Portsmouth. I'll dig it up and post in another thread. Didn't mean to hijack Smsrudedog's thread.

Smsrudedog

Ensign
Boat Make
31BHM
Bill, yes above deck stern tank, aluminum 90 gallons., has an Isuzu 6bg1 265 hp sips fuel and always gets me to and from.....engine is a few hours under 3000 and has run great from day one.

Dave I work about 25 mins away for a local police dept, testing for lieutenant!! And yes that's the old brown/hawks marina (Yankee landing)

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Smsrudedog...Welcome and that's a great looking boat......post a few more pictures when you have time

Smsrudedog

Ensign
Boat Make
31BHM
Offshore dont worry about the hijacking lol, plowin had a great looking bhm, used to see it over at bridge marine, always loved the bhm boats, someday I will get a little bigger boat for a little more room and a bhm will be on the wishlist.

MDI thanks here are a few more pics for you

cujo 2.jpg

rudedog.jpg

rudedog2.jpg

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Are you guys anywhere near Hudsons(if its still there)?....that's where I would stay years ago....when I would leave the bay...lol

Top Bottom