Newbies

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Testing this to see if there are any Lurkers who have not chimed in yet. Please ask any questions you have regarding Downeast Boats here.

Skiffman555

Ensign
Pics from my phone...just cause

There is a blue boat with white top sides, lots of free board, two men in the boat and a Mercury engine, looking at a boat called Misty. I would like to know a lot more about this boat this blue hulled boat but I can not make out who the manufacturer is or the name of the boat. If anyone knows about this boat I would appreciate some info. ie. length, beam, manufacturer's name, max horsepower, boat weight, speed if possible. Thanks from a newbie.

Skiffman555

Ensign
Crowley 23'

Thank's for the info it looks like a nice boat. Newbie from Hilton Head, SC

synergistic

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
44 wedgeport
I have been lurking for a while, I like checking out all the projects going on it gives me some good ideas, I build catboats on the cape in the winter and commercial fish for six months or so

johnny g

Lieutenant
ive been lurking for a while only have a couple of posts.i dont always sign on but am here alot. im getting the itch to go de but since its new to me im trying to learn as much as i can before i start asking a bunch of questions. ten years ago when i started looking for a new boat i looked hard at the de's but couldnt get past the speed. now with todays improvement in diesel technology and some hull designs i think its time.i wound up going with a pilot house cat which i still have and enjoy but have exceeded its capabilities a couple times out in montauk as i watched the de's go by with no effort. when my wife said why cant we get something like that the time to start looking started.

johnny g

Lieutenant
fv- really wanted to stay around 30-31 but might have to go to no larger than 33. want to be able to get it home for the winter. a couple things that i must have-no engine box,i need accommodations for 4 on it whether its over under bunks or 2 in the wheel house and 2 below. im ok with an 18-19 knot cruise for most times but when its flat i want to get into the low to mid 20's cruise. i plan on doing an open back with canvas as this will probably come south with me in a few years . i have a few ideas but im just starting to learn about the de and have a ways to go

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
johnny g: The next big question is what is your budget?
Pretty much anything can be achieved for a price and sounds like what your looking for can easily be achieved in say a 31' duffy, or possibly a calvin beal

Toolate

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50

johnny g

Lieutenant
master renegade- i havent given a specific # to the budget yet. i know its gonna cost but i dont want a project boat as i dont have the time or skill set to pull off what some of you guys on here have done. ive seen 1st hand what mike(fishwish) has done on his last 2 boats and its amazing but he and his dad have been doing this for a long time. i hope to make a trip or 2 north this spring and talk to a couple of the builders then start figuring out which hull would work the best for me. there was a 31 duffy out in westlake last year that looked great but owner wasnt around to talk to the 3 times i was there last summer. 31 would be ideal if i could get the layout. if not ill go up a little . not sure if ill buy the hull and get someone else to finish it or try to do it all at at the same time. it took me 2 years to buy my last ride and i have to get a few things in order before i do this. i plan on using the boat i have for this season then hope to put it for sale in the spring . by that time i hope to know what hull i would like.

Captain
I just joined, I am a newbie, but been a lurker as well and learned a ton here, so thank you all. I am a on the west coast and do fishing as well as crabbing, we use round big pots, 34 to 36 38inchs, so deck space is nice, looking to buy a 25ft lobster boat with some deck space, I have only found a few, must be diesel and have some range, as well as speed. I have seen the osmond, h&h boat and love it, are there any others for sale? If so please pm me or post thanks everyone.

Top Bottom