Newer Eastern 18

Joshvt

Lieutenant
Website
www.shootersloft.com
Boat Make
Eastern
My dad's taking my old one up to Nova Scotia where it will only be used about 10 days a year.

Found a newer one on craigslist in CT last fall and took the plunge. Someone else checked it out and brought it to Maine to store for me so this weekend was the first time I was able to see her in person. My boy and I went up and brought her home to work on a bit while we wait for the lake to melt.

gallery_4_14_111288.jpg

Rather unfortunate name.........she has a date with the heat gun this afternoon.
facepalm.gif

gallery_4_14_73474.jpg

It's got a honda 50 on it that I'm planning on swapping out with my Yamaha 60 on the other one.

Last edited:

jojobee

Commander
Change the name, keep the honda, add a tiller and get rid of the console. That's my vote!

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Congrats- I remember feeling for you when you moved away from the water.

Save some money and change the G to a TT on the name ;)

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
Congratulations. Beautiful ride you got yourself there. I did the tiller part for two boats, then got my privateer cc. Its nice not having my hand vibrate for the next two days after using the boat and in the winter a tiller really bothers my hand got cold real fast.. Just my 2 cents.

Joshvt

Lieutenant
Website
www.shootersloft.com
Boat Make
Eastern
Congratulations. Beautiful ride you got yourself there. I did the tiller part for two boats, then got my privateer cc. Its nice not having my hand vibrate for the next two days after using the boat and in the winter a tiller really bothers my hand got cold real fast.. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks!

I would not go back to a tiller. The bow rides so high in these things I'd have to be standing with a rope and a tiller extension like I did as a kid :grin:

Not going there again.

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
Ahh yes I remeber those days. I had a 3ft piece of 2" pvc pipe as my extension tiller for when I was running my Mirrocraft alone just to keep my bow down. Even with the fuel tank and a battery up front, on a rough day my teenage butt was the trim to keep the boat from going airborn. lol

Joshvt

Lieutenant
Website
www.shootersloft.com
Boat Make
Eastern
Ahh yes I remeber those days. I had a 3ft piece of 2" pvc pipe as my extension tiller for when I was running my Mirrocraft alone just to keep my bow down. Even with the fuel tank and a battery up front, on a rough day my teenage butt was the trim to keep the boat from going airborn. lol

Fired the honda up this morning and she purred like a kitten. The ice is out on most of Champlain so I'm planning on splashing her next weekend. Would have gone this Sunday then my wife reminded me about family brunch and stuff :rolleyes:

Top Bottom