First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Is this a big change from last year?

duxbait

Captain
Is this a big change from last year?

Yes. 2 fishing days a week this year instead of 3 last year. Daily limit is 15 instead of 30 last year. No sundays this year either which were 5 fish days last year. IMO, yea it sucks. Worst part is looking into the past, we will probably never increase our daily limit. That part sucks, the good is higher price and less googins. It'll be an all summer event, instead of a 3 week race. Thats good and bad for guys depending on what they do.

Mvywheels

Commander
Boat Make
RI Marine
Hopefully there won't be 400 boats on opening day and mile long line of gaffed bass floating of Chatham. I'll never forget that must of been 4 of 5 years ago, Haven been out to Chatham for the opener since then.

duxbait

Captain
Hopefully there won't be 400 boats on opening day and mile long line of gaffed bass floating of Chatham. I'll never forget that must of been 4 of 5 years ago, Haven been out to Chatham for the opener since then.

Never seen a Chatham season opener myself, I try to stay away from there until I can't catch fish elsewhere. Is it really that much worse than a regular day?

Mvywheels

Commander
Boat Make
RI Marine
Never seen a Chatham season opener myself, I try to stay away from there until I can't catch fish elsewhere. Is it really that much worse than a regular day?

It's bad everybody and there mother goes. I can almost always do 20 or so here except last year, not sure if ill even try this year prob just stick to conch.

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
Its like that every comm day. Its unbelievable. Its unfishable if your not out by like 4am.

Mvywheels

Commander
Boat Make
RI Marine
Yea it's nuts, I use to complain about all the guys off gay head when it was still good here until I went to Chatham. We use to have a mess of ppl from RI and all the makeshift rigs from New Bedford that were slapped together last min to go make a quick buck. Those days are long gone tho

fishcrazy

Lieutenant
it will give a lot of guys on the north and south shore a better chance at getting some of the quota

ERO83

Lieutenant
Please by all means stay out of Chatham. We don't want our ramps over run with jerk offs. There never used to be this giant fleet and I pray it starts to go away. If you can't find fish in your own port and you need to rely on a giant fleet of boats to find fish than you should probably be doing something else. Not trying to talk bad about real comm guys but I think you get what I'm saying. It's a joke out there, we want our town back. Cheers

duxbait

Captain
Please by all means stay out of Chatham. We don't want our ramps over run with jerk offs. There never used to be this giant fleet and I pray it starts to go away. If you can't find fish in your own port and you need to rely on a giant fleet of boats to find fish than you should probably be doing something else. Not trying to talk bad about real comm guys but I think you get what I'm saying. It's a joke out there, we want our town back. Cheers

No I 100% agree with you. If that was my local area… I don't even know what I would do! Livid

Top Bottom