NJ Newbie

Hazletalan

Ensign
Boat Make
35 Maine Coaster
Hello DE Boaters

Just found the site and think its awesome. Not running a true DE, but a 35 Henriques Maine Coaster(twin engine) out of Sandy Hook Area. Somewhat of a winter project boat, but run it every summer. Been an all around boat enthusiast for years, but am really drawn to the style and lines of the DE's and Novi's.

Alan

Eastporter

Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Welcome Aboard!

Hey Alan,
Your boat is a good boat for its purpose. Welcome to the Forum!

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Looked at picking up a Henrique's 35 for a project boat before my RP35.

Also back when the 28' Henrique's came out my Dad and I went down to the factory to look into getting one built. First factory visit for me, man I love boats, its a small addiction...

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Welcome to the site from a exjerseyite, lived in shark river hills and lobstered/gillnetted out of shark river.
I had hull #5 back when Jack was a starving boat builder.
St Pat murphys bow.jpg

St Pat murphys bow.jpg

Hazletalan

Ensign
Boat Make
35 Maine Coaster
Thanks for the Welcome Fellows! WRHardie, fished alot out of Atlantic Highlands in the 90's. Steve, love the pic. Fished out of Shark River also, knew some of the commercial guys. Very good friends with the family of Judith Ann (Lobster Boat from SRI). Shawn, It is addicting. To date, I have repowered, Awlgripped hull, converted to all swivel rod holders, added anchor tree, removed bow rail, and in process of installing davit. I have attached picture from our trip back from shipyard. This year the whole interior is being done. To add to it, contemplating putting a bid in on a 40 ft Novi project boat (not really a boat but does resemble one, if you know what I mean). Again thanks for the welcome.
Alan
Henriques.jpg

Henriques.jpg

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Thanks for the Welcome Fellows! WRHardie, fished alot out of Atlantic Highlands in the 90's. Steve, love the pic. Fished out of Shark River also, knew some of the commercial guys. Very good friends with the family of Judith Ann (Lobster Boat from SRI). Shawn, It is addicting. To date, I have repowered, Awlgripped hull, converted to all swivel rod holders, added anchor tree, removed bow rail, and in process of installing davit. I have attached picture from our trip back from shipyard. This year the whole interior is being done. To add to it, contemplating putting a bid in on a 40 ft Novi project boat (not really a boat but does resemble one, if you know what I mean). Again thanks for the welcome.
Alan
View attachment 15450

You knew Ray(RIP) & Judy ?? or are you friends with the boys Mike & Jerry? Ray taught me to knit lobster trap funnels and when i first started fishing he let me use his table saw to cut lath.

Hazletalan

Ensign
Boat Make
35 Maine Coaster
I am friends with Mike and Pat(youngest who moved to Fl). Speak to Mike a couple times a month. The boat ended up being sold and is kept a couple miles away from me in Keyport.

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
Alan
View attachment 15450
That boat looks great I love the lines on them hulls great job what kind of novi are you looking at

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
I am friends with Mike and Pat(youngest who moved to Fl). Speak to Mike a couple times a month. The boat ended up being sold and is kept a couple miles away from me in Keyport.

Oh i forgot about Pat he was still just a young kid when i left. There was a sister also? Judith ?? Mike fished with his dad for many years, i tied up next door to those guys over by kleins. We shared a walk in cooler that was mine that we set up on the dock behind the fish market, it looked like a mexican jail in a cartoon !! Tell Mike Steve says hello, sorry for his loss of Ray and to say hello to his mom Judy from me. I know the boat was sold didn't know it went north. Small world ain't it !

Hazletalan

Ensign
Boat Make
35 Maine Coaster
Steve I will definitely tell Mike!

Googinhater, don't know who made the novi, but will get some pics next week. I would basically be getting a hull and house and have to strip and redo everything else.

Hazletalan

Ensign
Boat Make
35 Maine Coaster
May use it as a 6 pack boat. I have a nephew looking to get started on his own. We do a lot of inshore bay fishing where a long trip may be 7 miles. If that doesnt work, I will doll the interior up and use it as a family cruiser.

Top Bottom