North shore hadock report

Haddock

Commander
First Name
Mike
Boat Make
23' Maritime Marine Voyageur
Only haddock report that I have heard recently was out at Tillies Bank from a guy at the marina; can't personally confirm as I have been doing the striper/flounder routines only.

Haddock

Commander
First Name
Mike
Boat Make
They picked through and caught their limit on clams but mostly smaller fish. I am not a fan of the shorter minimum size requirement and they had to toss back legal size cod which I hope survived. I have no numbers to share as I was just asking how they did a week ago since they made the long trip from the North Shore too. I have been happy to work the shore from Beverly to Manchester for flounder and some mixed striper action even though I would prefer haddock myself. I just don't see the benefit or effort for small fish.

Snake8

Lieutenant Commander
Was thinking of going for some haddies this week. Did you have any luck over the weekend? I was going to start at s jeffs as I heard the party boats were doing ok there.

Jono57766

Lieutenant
Boat Make
34' Hatteras
Ended up going for striper along the coast between beverly and Gloucester. I wasn't hearing anything great for haddock reports. Jeffreys seems to be a bit better than stellwagen. I've heard the "Hill" which is about half way between twin lights and Jeffreys has been ok. If you go out, let us know how you do.

Haddock

Commander
First Name
Mike
Boat Make
How was your striper trip Jono? I run out of the Danvers river and am looking to do some striper and flounder action this weekend if weather allows; I troll the coast from Beverly to Singing Beach in Manchester and then anchor up and go for the flounder with my 2 kids. I have had success trolling but only schoolies this season and am curious how you did.

Jono57766

Lieutenant
Boat Make
34' Hatteras
Lots of schoolies (24"-26"), one 33" and one 37". Fresh chunk mackerel caught the most, and live macks did almost as well. Both larger fish were on chunk.

Haddock

Commander
First Name
Mike
Boat Make
Thanks for the info; I have trolled only and had 22-25" fish over the past few weekends! Did you pick up the macks between Misery and Bakers?

Jono57766

Lieutenant
Boat Make
34' Hatteras
Yes, i usually check for them off of salem willows on my way out, if nothing there I go over between bakers and little misery.

Haddock

Commander
First Name
Mike
Boat Make
Thank you Jono, I have fished for flounder anchored off of Salem Willows pier but never fished there for macks. I have snagged pogies in the area but never macks. Weather forecast for the weekend looking like I may anchor up in the Danvers River or at the Mass Bay bridge for some relaxing flounder and striper fishing with my kids as the season is coming to an end. Your bigger boat gives you more opportunities and chances to get out. Tight lines!

O'reely

Lieutenant
They picked through and caught their limit on clams but mostly smaller fish. I am not a fan of the shorter minimum size requirement and they had to toss back legal size cod which I hope survived. I have no numbers to share as I was just asking how they did a week ago since they made the long trip from the North Shore too. I have been happy to work the shore from Beverly to Manchester for flounder and some mixed striper action even though I would prefer haddock myself. I just don't see the benefit or effort for small fish.
Mike,
I sit on the groundfish RAP for the NMFS and represent NH and southern Maine as I run out of the Piscat. Feel free to reach out and let me know your thoughts. I will note your comment above as well.
They have decided to limit the number of Charter boats and are just taking comments and surveys about this. I do have a list of all the licensed charter captains in the northeast but it does not have their email addresses to communicate any of this with them....go figure.

Spc06

Ensign
First Name
Scott
You guys have any party boats you like? i go every octobuh, 3 years ago this was what it was like.

Eastman's Fishing Fleet - Giant Pollock 2017

what types of offshore fishing do you like?

Top Bottom