*Northeast Nobeltec CATCH Factory Training With Free Trial Software*

Wharf Rat

Marine Electronics 'Professional'
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.precisionmarinecenter.com
Boat Make
OPB
As this is only slightly related to the previous post about Nobeltec's new CATCH Software, I've taken the liberty to post this in a separate thread, leaving the first for anyone with program specific questions.

The powers that be at Nobeltec took notice of the post on Catch, and posted a link directly to this forum on their Facebook page. I then got a call from the Northeast Sales Manager who then explained how impressed they were with the high level of content on the forum, coming from exactly their target market: the serious fisherman who knows what they are looking to catch. That being said, Nobeltec requested that I post a proposal to gauge the interest of the people of this forum on the idea of Nobeltec sponsoring a full seminar on the operation and features on Catch first hand, and also providing trial copies of the software to those in attendance.

Obviously, considering the size of Maine and Northern Mass, some suggestions on possible locations would be needed, and based on the reception of interested parties, Nobeltec would setup a venue to provide training on the software at particular location(s), and provide copies of the software with a limited ten run use to whoever shows up. The problem with sending out trial copies to just anybody is that if you don't know how to access the basic menu functions, ten uses just will frustrate someone into having a bad perception of the software, just like any program/sounder/plotter,etc. I am personally very passionate about the software because I've seen them all, and nothing ever made me flinch until I saw the chart redraw speed on this program, and then all the integration capabilities that followed.

So I'm throwing it out there, by a show of posts with location suggestions that would be as central as possible to make a convention like this a possibility, let me know if this is an adventure you would be interested in taking. I have an idea of locations in Maine simply from looking at charts, so while my first suggestion would be Southwest Harbor, it all depends on who here would be interested, and how far anyone would be willing to travel for a day of training, a free pen, and a free trial copy of the greatest software on water. This would be open to anyone interested, they do not have to be an active member of the forum, but it certainly helps if you are PC savvy enough to operate a mouse, because that's really all it takes.

I hope to see some posts, I spend about 2 hours writing that Catch post between formatting pics and trying to format the HTML right, so even if someone here posts a "Sorry, not interested, jerk." I'll still feel fulfilled.

Seriously fellas, this is a great opportunity, so if you think you could make the time to check this stuff out, post how many, your location, and a recommendation for a central meeting ground for the seminar. If the interest spreads even farther South, to Buzzards or the BI/RI Sound, the more the merrier, and two, three, four dates could be set up to accommodate the people who are interested, so long as it's not just one guy with a Steigercraft and his poodle.

Thanks for reading, fellas, and Jah Bless.:geek:

Fishinengineer

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Duffy
Interested

I'm on Long Island, would probably travel as far as RI or so. I have neither a Stieger or a poodle, just a Duffy and a Spinone.

Wharf Rat

Marine Electronics 'Professional'
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.precisionmarinecenter.com
Boat Make
OPB
I'm on Long Island, would probably travel as far as RI or so. I have neither a Stieger or a poodle, just a Duffy and a Spinone.
Hey Engineer,

Right now all the Nobeltec staff are swamped with the boat show season, so we'd be looking at some time after Feb, maybe mid March. One of the members here just purchased a copy of Catch, and he promised to provide an unbiased review once he got it going with the DFF3 sounder module, going on a 42 Provincial. PM me your info if you'd like so I can add you to the list for when I have things scheduled. I might even be able to do a demo out of our offices over the winter, as I've actually been promoted to Master Dealer status by Nobeltec which gives me access to all the demo versions of each software suite, from Odyssey to Trident to Catch.

Eslang

Commander
Boat Make
43 Flowers
As this is only slightly related to the previous post about Nobeltec's new CATCH Software, I've taken the liberty to post this in a separate thread, leaving the first for anyone with program specific questions.

The powers that be at Nobeltec took notice of the post on Catch, and posted a link directly to this forum on their Facebook page. I then got a call from the Northeast Sales Manager who then explained how impressed they were with the high level of content on the forum, coming from exactly their target market: the serious fisherman who knows what they are looking to catch. That being said, Nobeltec requested that I post a proposal to gauge the interest of the people of this forum on the idea of Nobeltec sponsoring a full seminar on the operation and features on Catch first hand, and also providing trial copies of the software to those in attendance.

Obviously, considering the size of Maine and Northern Mass, some suggestions on possible locations would be needed, and based on the reception of interested parties, Nobeltec would setup a venue to provide training on the software at particular location(s), and provide copies of the software with a limited ten run use to whoever shows up. The problem with sending out trial copies to just anybody is that if you don't know how to access the basic menu functions, ten uses just will frustrate someone into having a bad perception of the software, just like any program/sounder/plotter,etc. I am personally very passionate about the software because I've seen them all, and nothing ever made me flinch until I saw the chart redraw speed on this program, and then all the integration capabilities that followed.

So I'm throwing it out there, by a show of posts with location suggestions that would be as central as possible to make a convention like this a possibility, let me know if this is an adventure you would be interested in taking. I have an idea of locations in Maine simply from looking at charts, so while my first suggestion would be Southwest Harbor, it all depends on who here would be interested, and how far anyone would be willing to travel for a day of training, a free pen, and a free trial copy of the greatest software on water. This would be open to anyone interested, they do not have to be an active member of the forum, but it certainly helps if you are PC savvy enough to operate a mouse, because that's really all it takes.

I hope to see some posts, I spend about 2 hours writing that Catch post between formatting pics and trying to format the HTML right, so even if someone here posts a "Sorry, not interested, jerk." I'll still feel fulfilled.

Seriously fellas, this is a great opportunity, so if you think you could make the time to check this stuff out, post how many, your location, and a recommendation for a central meeting ground for the seminar. If the interest spreads even farther South, to Buzzards or the BI/RI Sound, the more the merrier, and two, three, four dates could be set up to accommodate the people who are interested, so long as it's not just one guy with a Steigercraft and his poodle.

Thanks for reading, fellas, and Jah Bless.:geek:
I would go for sure if it wasn't that far from NY

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

Frigate

Captain
Boat Make
38' Duffy/Flower
I'm in if it is during the winter and if you have it somewhere on Long Island.

Eslang,

After you get off the Rock, lets get together I'll drive to the demo. OR we get CW to bring home a new truck, then both of you get off the Rock, pick me up and he can demo the truck on the way to the demo . LOL

Eslang

Commander
Boat Make
43 Flowers
I'm in if it is during the winter and if you have it somewhere on Long Island.

Eslang,

After you get off the Rock, lets get together I'll drive to the demo. OR we get CW to bring home a new truck, then both of you get off the Rock, pick me up and he can demo the truck on the way to the demo . LOL
Floyd, Best idea yet. Have CW drive!! Then it doesn't matter where the seminar is. Lol
I'm all for it!

riskybusiness

Commander
Boat Make
35 five islands
oodles of poodles

If anything happens in portland while im off the rig i would definitely show up!
if there was anything in portland maine or enough interest i would be interested in checking it out, and i dont have a steigercraft or a poodle, and after having an ex whose parents bred poodles, i think its safe to say i will never have a poodle....put 30 of those things in a room at once, you will have a headache for at least a week..... just not sure if im gonna go with another plotter or put a computer in i like the features of the computers, but am concerned with the moisture, i have a solid glass 35 five islands, in the summer its okay but fall and winter forget about it.....

Top Bottom