northern bay 28

nickyp

Commodore
Boat Make
20ft dyer
what are your experiences and opinions of the northern bay 28?

nickyp

Commodore
Boat Make
20ft dyer
no particular boat.
just working out a list of possibilities in my head.
planning on getting a kit and finishing it in a couple years time.
i want to explore all the possibilities, so hopefully i can make a decision by that time.

nickyp

Commodore
Boat Make
20ft dyer
is this boat that unpopular, or is this a tiresome question?

Funk massta bass

Deckhand
We had one for a couple years. Bought it from Travis and his father. Had a sisu in it and went like a bat out of hell. It would take as much of a sea as you could throw at it. Bad ass little boat. I wouldn't hesitate to ever build another one.

nickyp

Commodore
Boat Make
20ft dyer
We had one for a couple years. Bought it from Travis and his father. Had a sisu in it and went like a bat out of hell. It would take as much of a sea as you could throw at it. Bad ass little boat. I wouldn't hesitate to ever build another one.
awsome, thanks.

fvbuckeye

Deckhand
What would be the proper engine hp, gear ratio and wheel for a Northern Bay 28?

tunaless

Deckhand
Sweet 28

I will tell you as an outsider, i fish by dave all the time, and that boat is a head turner. I have a 24 foot osprey (Alaskan boat), and everytime it goes by, i wonder if that is the boat that got the 28 foot riddle solved. No engine box, Seems to break the 21 knot barrier easily, and gives you all that you are looking for. Whats the fuel burn?

Capt Dave

Deckhand
Boat Make
28 Northern Bay
Thanks for the comments guys.

Tunaless, don't know for sure what the fuel burn as I have no flowmeters installed but I think it's pretty good. I'm thinking in the 2-3 MPG range. Low cruise RPM for this engine is 2900 which will push the boat at about 21knts. I ussually run between 2600-2900 RPM to keep the fuel comsumption down. I'll burn about 30-35 gallons for a full day trip out to the bank.

Top Bottom