Northstar ?

tomy

Commander
Boat Make
36 Wayne Beal
Ok let me through this out to you guys. As Northstar used to be the crem de la crem in chartplotters, can anyone tell me if I can get my northstar chartplotter updated? basic's are all there, but bouy's now gone or repositioned and chart not up on that stuff. any help? will appreciate any and all...regards ....Tomy

landsea

Lieutenant
How do you transfer the updated info from computer to Northstar 952?

sidep

Lieutenant
Simrad bought northstar, just bought the nse 12 just like my 952 northstar but better..

Frigate

Captain
Boat Make
38' Duffy/Flower
Landsea,

You need to download from the computer to the unit. Your computer needs to have a serial port and a cable with a serial connection on one end and the connection to the unit on the other end. Most marine electronics shops have the cable. I had a cable made up so I could update my 941 and download my waypoint points to my computer. One thing to think of, an electronic shop will download your waypoints as a safety issue before they update your machine. They now have all your waypoints. Just something to think about!

reelrampage35

Commander
Boat Make
Duffy
And there are several Marine Electronics store on Long Island (Freeport especially) that have done just that. You bring in your Unit to be upgraded and the tech downloads all of your spots onto a card and saves them for personal use. I know this for a fact

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Male or Female DB9 connector??

I need to make up the transfer cable for my 952 i have the cable that came with the unit so all i need is the DB9 connector but do i need a male or female DB9??

In2fishn

Ensign
At one time you could get the download cable from northstar. They are now part of Navaco. Give them a call they are still supporing Northstar. Several local shops on LI will do the service. Starboard Marne, Freeport Marine

Getthenetmontauk

Lieutenant
North star

Forget Freeport Marine,they just told me they upgrade some data,like tides,I asked if they could put my way points on a disc to save,no was their answer,not very helpful or nice

Estimator

Commander
Boat Make
43 Torres
cable

I picked up what I needed at local Radio Shack. I have a power converter and extra power cord so I work on it in my basement

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
I had a friend of mine who writes computer software update my 952, doesn't take very long if you know what your doing(he did). He mentioned he would do others for a reasonable charge. His name is Keith and he can be reached at
Keith.Shumway AT gmail.com
email him and i'm sure he'll be glad to do the updates.

Top Bottom