Boat Make
33 Flowers.

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
I'm on a mooring, so no rate increase there but I'll probably have another "inspection" due, just re-did the whole thing last year including an additional stone.
Fuel is stupidly expensive, should have filled up last year before I hauled out (doh)
Cost of hauling isn't that high, but it does add up quickly. Been seriously considering building a trailer, but then I'd need something to haul it with. Not to mention licensing and insurance headaches.
No life raft, but probably will be one on the next boat, can't wait for that little nugget of goodness.
Already bought my license, just have to rig up 400 traps and splice a pallet of rope for everything, painting buoys tomorrow.
Still need to buff and polish the boat, sand and paint the bottom, touch up the propeller and running gear, finish re-finishing interior, add cabinetry and other modifications.
And then there's bait and breaking in a green horn (a 5-potter who fancies himself a fisherman).

Probably will be around the same total that you just gave, hopefully less.

Then there's the inevitable trap war this summer... that should be fun

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
Freeport LI

Same here fuel is currently $4.79 a gallon gas $4.89. Time to pull the throttles back.

FVSD

Lieutenant Commander
Raider Ronnie-I'm feeling the exact same way, for some reason I can't get motivated this year. I'm was figuring....$4800.00 with a free dock and no repack. Basically a $1000 repair and $3800 of BS (seatow, licenses, battery, seacock etc....).

At least I'm not the only one.

Powderpro

Vice Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
High fuel prices are an economy killer, and I think they are going to make a bad economy even worse; I'm usually a very optimistic person, but overall, things aren't looking very good. I'm hoping that Hope and Change is out of office this January.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Website
www.fishreaction.com
Boat Make
RP35
I'm definitely not feeling it this year. First off I was supposed to be at sea during this summer but now am due back for the whole season. Same time that news came in, found out that my marina decided to not have any charter boats this season after one boat caused us a few problems last year, can't blame them. Then thought I had an active buyer but I think I told him what I thought about the BUC value on downeast boats, the same thing my bank and insurance told me.

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
Boat Make
travis, do guys get cut a lot up there? i heard a few years back of a few buddies of mine getting cut a lot down in my area, but havent heard of anyone really fighting the past summer or two
Not really in my area, but I'm pushing this year, going twice as far down the bay as I normally do and over to the Eastern side towards Stonington.

Should be fun times :rolleyes:

Luckily I'm fairly well-known and well-liked so we'll see.

And with fuel prices being so high I guess it's a good thing that I can idle at 9 mph, chug right on down the bay.

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46, 1991 Boston Whaler Outrage 19
I think you hit the nail on the head, I feel that there a lot of people today that are working harder, longer and in more stressful positions to live their lives the way that they are accustom and with everything from food to fuel and everything in between costing more it has to make you wonder where or when things will turnaround. If we just keep printing money to pay for all our debt and the value of the Dollar keeps declining against other currencies nothing is going to change for the better.

offshore31

Captain
Blitzen, you're a mind reader. Most of the guys I work with have never been this stressed, and putting in more hours than ever. everything costs more, with no end in sight. it seems like everyone's trying to pull every last penny out of my pocket. hard to get excited about launching with the bills. slip, 4300. bottom paint, etc to splash, another grand. then close to 5/gal and having to run 20sh miles for almost no fish. hard to be motivated.

on the other hand, as a friend of mine says, it's a good day because i woke up on the right side of the dirt.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Website
www.fishreaction.com
Boat Make
RP35
BUC Guide is some valuation of used boats... sort of funny because my bank and my insurance company didn't accept the value of it as there wasn't enough data on my boat... This guy quoted it, same as the surveyor price. The thing is in about having 5 downeast hulls surveyed through different surveyors, downeast prices are the hardest and usually just let you use what you want to. Someone feel free to correct me about the BUC guide and downeast boats. Perhaps in two or so years things have changed...

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46, 1991 Boston Whaler Outrage 19
Maybe you guys shouldn't have voted for them... :roll:
Funny, I haven't met a soul yet that will admit that they voted for him. Have you seen any of the hope and change bumper stickers around?

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
Boat Make
The Ex voted for him, that's the only soul I've known that did

I have seen a few stickers around, pulled a '12 bumper sticker off of a car as I was leaving the local pub the other night...

Clowns

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Funny, I haven't met a soul yet that will admit that they voted for him. Have you seen any of the hope and change bumper stickers around?
I'd be surpised if more than 20% of the members on THIS forum voted for the "Kenyan" and his Chicago "community action" group of activists!

Back to waking up on "this side of the grass". All well and good as long as you are "under your own power" !!!!:D

Top Bottom