Off Season Stuff

Madchark

Commander
I'm usually not snowed in by this time of year, but having temps below freezing and two snow storms in one week, all the outside projects are currently on hold. looks like some extra time on the couch and in the basement shop during the week.

This winters projects will consist of rod building with the boys, updating the 2014 tackle, installing the Brockway boat bar in the basement, cut up Elmars Sea Craft for rebuilding, build a head door on the Rose for the wife and maybe find time for a couple beers before the spring details call on the boat.

With having a realistic winter project list, what is your winter 2013/2014 goals, list em up.

By the way, don't let my Wife know the list, she will definitely add some more things.

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Build pool house for a guy, re-do his 2 acres (pool spa rink for the winter with chiller, new driveway etc.), finish 3 baths and roofing/siding remodel on another house and complete another $800k remodel- should all be done by June.

And if I make any $ doing that :)confused:), I will blow it on my "new", "yacht". New engine, keel shoe, shaft, prop, rudder, engine, all tanks and hoses, galley cabinetry, headliner, shower, settee, house door, install new windows, probably hire a painter to finish it.

Sailfishing in Fl for a weekend in Feb. Me an Tito by the fire pit for the rest of the winter nights.

Madchark

Commander
TOOLATE,

Sounds like you have a busy winter ahead of you, skip the first couple items and get going on the boat. ;)

Sucks that we need to make the money to spend the money.

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
Todd,
It is bird making for me, where are those pictures?:D

Madchark

Commander
John,

Sorry, I dropped the ball on you. Bryan can you pm John your top secret links for the Birds.

Thanks

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
"........a new rod........"? Please enlighten me on that project. Feel free to PM to avoid any hijacks here.

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
My Leblanc center needs finishing...she's right about 98% done. Namely the throttle needs to be moved, the starboard side needs full restoration to get the oxidation removed, bow chocks need to be installed, cleats need to be bedded/reinstalled, and I'd like to install some rod holders. And the waterlines need to come up all over.

And the Eastporter...well, the motor's coming off, fuel tanks removed, entire boat needs wash/wax, and I'm gonna put a 9.9 horsepower to put her around with while I look for a better motor/decide what to do with her.

Shooting for Leblanc to go in weekend after Saint Patrick's Day.

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
Bryan, no not my boat just one that I fish on occasionally. I told the owner that if he bought a stick I would make the birds, I like doing stuff like that when the snow is on the ground, the wind is cold as a witch's t_ _ and it is warm and toasty in my shop.

Greenstick going on the Blitzen?

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
BOSman says ........." I'd like to install some rod holders."

If ye install brandy new swivel rod holders, and plan to launch on St. Patty's Day, it sounds like another cable TV show is already in the making! ;)

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
Wanna hit up the spring time fishing, in the harbor. No I will not be putting swivel rod holders in a 17 c/c. For now at least. Hit me up in August. I might be out there in Glosta fishing googinhater's slick.

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Fishing rod, get your mind out of the gutter. Better watch it, Parker2320 likes to go to P-town in the off season.

Well, he PM'd me with the details. Unfortunately my winter projects are already carved in stone this year, and the time will fly by. But I'm available for building rods next winter and promise not to talk about P-Town stories in front of the kids. ;)

A) Get the port motor & tranny into the Bertam
B) Finish the starboard motor assembly and wiring harness
C) Finish alarm and flo-scan wiring
D) Install new thru hull transducer
E) Install STBD motor when weather changes
G) Install new seacocks & hoses
H) Install new props
I) Paint bottom

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Thanks Bryan, I am going to try my hand at it. It will be a fun project.
Having done it a few times do you have any tips to make it better or easier?

All the info I have on birds is posted on this site in the greenstick discussion. There is a dimensioned drawing somewhere in there too.

I still have one bird in stock if you need it.

Madchark

Commander
Sounds like a road trip this winter to John's shop. In stead of building just bird houses, we are taking it to the next level of just the bird.

Top Bottom