First Name
Tom
Boat Make
26’ Duffy

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
We made ok Steve, not nearly as bad as folks by the beach, still no power, lot of trees, wires, poles down but it could certainly be worse. My boat is still on the beach in hattaras, it was fine, boat stands we're gone but it stayed upright and in the same town thankfully. We had a good size tree hit the house, had to change my diaper is all!
: )

Good that you, family and boat are ok. my buddies down on shark river made out ok boat wise no damage or loss but i can't help but wonder whats left of their lobster gear, haven't been able to talk with them to see if they have got out to check and even if they did i think the dealer in pt pleasant must of gotten wiped out so where would they sell the lobsters??

winterking

Captain
Lite User
First Name
Tom
Boat Make
26’ Duffy

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
The shore is a mess/war zone, it just doesn't look real to me when i see the pictures. Sea Bright does look real bad, a friend clams out of the clam plant and the state condemned all the clams in the plant and told those guys the bay would be closed to clamming for at least a couple of months. I used to live right on the bay in the back of shark river i know i would have been totally wiped out if i still lived there. That new inlet at the foot of the mantoloking bridge is just crazy. Hope this next storm coming doesn't cause too much more damage.
Yeah it does sound like they are catching some kings down in Homer, i don't keep up with that fishery at all.

winterking

Captain
Lite User
First Name
Tom
Boat Make
26’ Duffy

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
How much snow you got Tom??
I had to go into town again today so took a few shots on the way in and on the way home, 2 below zero at 10:30 pm !!
PB070935.jpg

PB070936.jpg

PB070938.jpg

PB070942.jpg

PB070943.jpg

PB070935.jpg

PB070936.jpg

PB070938.jpg

PB070942.jpg

PB070943.jpg

winterking

Captain
Lite User
First Name
Tom
Boat Make
26’ Duffy

winterking

Captain
Lite User
First Name
Tom
Boat Make
26’ Duffy

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Hey Steve, We barely got dusted, looks like we dodged that one, what did someone turn the winter switch on early up there? The weather is whacky, supposed to warm here next few days be 63 on Monday. Finally got a generator going here nice to have heat an hot water, that fishing trip was gettin old!

You need a boat stove in the house :D. Many years ago i looked at a house in Homer that had one in the kitchen. Actually its been about normal, last year we had 35 inches of snow in november. Looks like the jersey shore got hit with some snow on top of the mess they already have.
DEC dickinson stove.jpg

DEC dickinson stove.jpg

Top Bottom