One pump or two

captchuck

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
26' Seaway
Trying to decide the best way for me to run my live well @30 gallons in the transom and a wash down off of a single 3/4" through hull. They would rarely need to run at the same time. A family member got me a wash down pump for Xmas so I'm looking at putting a tee on the through hull and running a feed to the wash down and then also screwing a live well pump directly to the top of the tee and run that to the pump.

However I would really like to simplify it with one pump also the through hull is 13" from the well and where I planned on putting the wash down pump. So running the proper hose twice is going to run me more than some pumps. I saw the thread on the rule 17a but it seemed a little to industrial for the well? And I believe that the through hull is too small.

traditions

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 Holland
I think the only way to run two pumps of one thru hull is you would have to have a shut off valve on one pump when not in use,or the other pump would just pull air from the pump that is off.Bigger boats have a sea chest that they run multiple pumps from ,but I don't believe a tee will work.I could be wrong.

Last edited:

captchuck

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
26' Seaway
I thought about that but I believe since the tee will be below the water line I should be good. But I would love to know before I start spending money and installing everything.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom