Opinions on NicroVents

Bawugna

Lieutenant
Hi Folks,

I have been kicking around the idea of installing a NicroVent ventilator in the roof of my Hampton Shipyards 25 Northsider. It would really help reduce the heat load in the boat sitting at the dock and should reduce the moisture I collect in there. I always worried about heavy spray or heaven forbid green water :eek: getting in and wetting up the interior of the boat.
Does anyone have one of these in thier roof or trunk cabin? I have looked into the Mfg. literature and of course they say it will never swallow water but I wanted some real world opinions from people who may have run into some heavy weather or seas with one of these things installed. Any info will help. Thanks in advance.
Jim

Capt. Rick

Commander
Boat Make
31 RP Willis Beal
How about a small hatch? I have 2 on my wheelhouse roof. One of the best things I installed. Thanks to my bud Billy White Knight for the idea.
Face them to open forward, they scoop in air, when the spray starts flying, lock them down.

July 4th 2010 trip 011.jpg

Brooksie

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bruno-Stillman 35
Have had a Nicro vent, inverted soupbowl type in my trunk cabin overhead for a decade. Green water many times and never a drop inside, it can be closed off from inside but I never have closed it. They exhaust air not scoop it in.

greg

Captain
Have had a Nicro vent, inverted soupbowl type in my trunk cabin overhead for a decade. Green water many times and never a drop inside, it can be closed off from inside but I never have closed it. They exhaust air not scoop it in.

x2. never a problem.

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
Me too. Little solar powered job. Never leaked, even with the hose. Was spinning the day i sold the boat. 11 seasons with me and probably still going

Bawugna

Lieutenant
Thanks guys!

Guys thanks so much, that is the type of real life experience I was seeking. I am going to install one in the roof......now I have to find a place that does not mar the look of the boat :rolleyes:. Capt Rick, beautiful rig.

Aloop

Commander
I know a boat that can use this. I get nausea at the dock when I smell the moldy-diesel air inside the wheelhouse and cabin!

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
I mounted mine right on the fwd escape hatch in the trunk. Just cut the plexi and put right there. No problems.

Top Bottom