Outdoor Channel Penn's Big Water Adventures.

Grandslam35

Lieutenant
Website
www.montaukstriperfishing.com
Boat Make
T JASON 35
Below is The Fisherman Magazine's FB announcement about the airing of Penn's Big Water Adventures on March 21,22,23 on the Outdoor Channel.
This show was shot on my 35-T Jason Downeaster. Fishing was tough, as the fall run had yet to start, but we still got the job done. Set your DVR's.

Time for a new Facebook cover shot. This one is from a Montauk trip last fall on which The Fisherman publisher Mike Carouso and Mark Davis of Penn's Big Water Adventures teamed-up with Capt. Tom Mikoleski of the charter boat Grand Slam to film a show. Plenty of hard work on tough fishing day finally paid off as Davis decked a 50-pound cow striper to wrap up the shoot!

Penn’s Big Water Adventures will air the segment three times in March on the Outdoor Channel. If you have Optimum cable, tune to channel 407. The segment will air on Friday, March 21 at 2:30 p.m., Saturday, March 22 at 9:30 a.m. and Sunday, March 23 at 6 a.m. Set your DVR now and tape all the episodes Penn’s Big Water Adventures this season.

Grandslam35

Lieutenant
Website
Boat Make
T JASON 35
Dates getting closer March 21, 22, 23

The air dates for the Montauk show is getting closer. I just got word yesterday from the crew of Big Water Adventures. They just saw the final edit of the show, their words were "bad ass." If you love Montauk, and striper fishing, you should love this show. Throw in the fact that it was shot on a 35' T-Jason, you got no reason to miss it.

Capt. Tom.

1234141_723303261020266_398633228_n.jpg

Last edited:

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Think its the best fishing show there is. More action less BS. Congrats

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
Watching the recording now- amazing underwater footage-

Love the wall of rocket launchers too. Watching that just make me want to go fishing so bad. Its been winter for so long.

Whose gear was used?

Grandslam35

Lieutenant
Website
Boat Make
T JASON 35
Thanks for the kind words

Toolate

Gear was all his, had to keep mine in the cabin. Penn is his Big sponsor, as is Mustad, Seagaur, Buck, and Pelican.

Left me lots of hooks, line, 4-Penn combos, and a couple of knives, wish I got the Pelican cooler, that thing is some heavy duty cooler.

I like the underwater stuff also, it would have been nice to have one of those bass swim up to hit the dredge, but they were being a PIA and did not want to play with us.

Capt. Tom.

greg

Captain
I can't believe I missed this thread. For anyone else who missed it, the show will air again next Friday., or is that the next episode in a different place?

Grandslam35

Lieutenant
Website
Boat Make
T JASON 35
Not the Montauk Show though

Greg "My fellow T-Jason owner."

Next week is another premiere episode, I think there are one or two more news ones left in the season. Not sure when the Montauk episode will run again, but when I find out I'll try to send you a reminder.

Thanks for the interest, Capt. Tom.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
I am a Penn junky too. Had good luck so far. That crew seems like they might be decent to have on the boat- some of these TV guys are a little nutty and then the 2nd boat crew etc. I would imagine its a bit different that the average charter.

2 years ago I caught my biggest bass at 44 lbs and I was thrilled. That fish on the show was 53 ( bigger ?)!!! Amazing stuff.

I seriously want one of those cameras too. Is it just a housing for a GoPro or a totally different camera?

Estimator

Commander
Boat Make
43 Torres
I like the idea of salt water fishing shows in the NE area. I like the shows down south but would like to see more shows like this with both offshore and inshore action.
Capt. Tom, was this a one time show or maybe another follow up show filmed this season?

Grandslam35

Lieutenant
Website
Boat Make
T JASON 35
One time shot.

Not coming back this year, but I said comeback and we will do a Montauk Grand Slam show for variety. Striper, blue, fluke, sea bass, scup. Looking for nice big ones of each. I believe they are going to Cape Cod to fish bass in the canal this fall.

Tom.

Top Bottom