outfitting and system maintainance

Boat Make
Jarvis Newman 36
We are moving toward launch. Our previous boat was a 22 foot center console without systems and a gas outboard. The Newman will have new fiberglass fuel tanks, new water tank, new holding tank, and keel coolers. The engine is a JD 6068 200 HP electronic injection with wet exhaust and twin disk 506. We have a wet keel. I am looking for advice and tips to keep everything in the best possible working order. We will use the boat coastal cruising between Casco Bay and Penobscot Bay.
I am looking for good places to purchase diesel fuel.
What tools and parts should I keep on board?
How do I keep the tanks clean and what should I add to fuel, water and holding tanks? We will use the boat on weekends and maybe a week of cruising.
There is so much experience and good advice on this forum I figured this is a great place to learn. Thanks

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Hallelujah,You should keep extra fuel filters with the new Fiberglas tanks....Stanadyne fuel treatment is a good additive .....for your water tank you can put a hard water treatment in or a cap full of Clorox to keep it from getting stagnant......post a few pictures if you have

Top Bottom