Outrigger ?

jerseysportfisher

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bertram 33SF
so my riggers got destroyed in sandy thanks to a derelict 35 viking. They were lee Jr's wishbone style. I see alot of the DE's have swing outs on the cabin sides ? any particular reason for them ? they good, better then wishbone ? any brand recommended ?

Thanks

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

capemariner

Ensign
They are very strong and excellent for towing heavy rigs. Alot more affordable as well. Ldmarine is what I have and most other guys I know. If you need a number let me know.

jerseysportfisher

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bertram 33SF
They are very strong and excellent for towing heavy rigs. Alot more affordable as well. Ldmarine is what I have and most other guys I know. If you need a number let me know.

actually thats what i was curious about what benefits over the wishbone does the LD marine style give you, other then using jays carbon sticks ;)

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
The wishbones big you ability to have your riggers at an assortment of high angles. The others are 45 degrees case closed. The wishbones also have a larger base spread to add support the attaching surface.

I new set of wishbones are about $600.00 not cheap. Were they also destroyed? I have some wishbone parts if you need to do a repair.

Wishbones are easy to use..although I do perfer the hardcore look of the lift & lay ones

wb.jpg

hauler.jpg

wb1.jpg

IMG00305-20120926-1450.jpg

IMG00109-20100302-1318.jpg

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
Carl Johnson designed his outriggers (now LD Marine) for the Giant fisherman on the Cape pulling double spreader bars from from each rigger. They needed to be stiff to handle the load with the no nonsense of guy wires to stiffen the poles and simple to use. They are also very cost effective for the commercial guys. Some say they don't pull light lures very well as the poles whip the lures to much without the flex of softer poles.

jerseysportfisher

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bertram 33SF
larry, 600 bucks is cheap i would gladly by a pair of new bases for that, i can;t find lee's under 850, 1200 being the average. And the rupp's are right up there as well. My starboard main tube was completely banged up, the rigger itself is re-usable with a little straightening. The base took the hit. I always figured the wishbone were superior, as you said due to foot print. What kind of parts do you have ?

Tuna Pursuit

Rear Admiral
Website
www.oliverwelding.com
Boat Make
Thunnus
so my riggers got destroyed in sandy thanks to a derelict 35 viking. They were lee Jr's wishbone style. I see alot of the DE's have swing outs on the cabin sides ? any particular reason for them ? they good, better then wishbone ? any brand recommended ?

Thanks

I have a real nice pair of rupp holders and poles I made which can pull 2 large squid rigs of each rigger. I put a piece of 1 1/2" solid alum bar in each holder to keep from flexing with all the pressure. I can get you pics if interested.

31jcptown

Commander
Boat Make
91 31 JC P-Town
lees

jersey i have a set that i pulled off my rig i will take pics and fwd ill let them go for 600 no problem they are lee SR....

backman

Captain
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
I'm going to be pulling a pair of wishbones off my DE in a month and moving up to LD's.

Contact me at [email protected] and I'll sell them to you for a more than fair price. Bases or riggers + bases - whichever works....

Top Bottom