Outriggers

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
I have to put a set of roof mount riggers on a 28 BHM. What are the best options?

starrfish

Commander
Boat Make
35 duffy
yep.. i`ll second that..there are others, or you can fab your own, but in the end these will probably be the ones you`ll end up with.
i learned the hard way.
the CJ`s are a quality product, there pricey, but good aint cheap.

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
I had a pair of cj's on my old boat and they were great riggers the only complaint I had is they laid out at a 90 degree angle from the boat (same style lees are less angel). I run three lines off each rigger and they were tough to run off this style rigger. My current boat I have lee jr's, they work great but the construction is no where near as strong as the cj's. If the 90 degree angle will work on your application there's no better rigger out there, if not I would look into the lee's.

1rider

Commander
You should check out blyriggers.com. They are all carbon fiber and collapsible and I think I remember reading that they are far stiffer than the ld poles which is nice if your dragging big bars. He does not offer a base but the product is compatible with a few different types.

Cookie

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Northern Bay
WTF I have been waiting over a month for my LD riggers, He says next week every time I call

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
You should check out blyriggers.com. They are all carbon fiber and collapsible and I think I remember reading that they are far stiffer than the ld poles which is nice if your dragging big bars. He does not offer a base but the product is compatible with a few different types.

I think that Bly has nice stuff but when he told me that his carbon fiber outriggers were stiffer than the LD's I was a bit concerned that they might be too stiff if you wanted to pull something other than big bars. I was always lead to believe from the Florida guys that with a stiffer outrigger pole and less flex, you would loose lure action in the water. Whether the lure does not swim right or gets yanked out of the water due to the lack of flex. Has anyone found this to be of any concern or am I looking to deep into this? I really like the weight savings and the collapsible feature of the carbon fiber poles.

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
Well, I ordered them. It was a stretch saying they are on the way.....

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
31' Eastern w/John Deere 6076 AFM30
LD Marine

Last fall I mailed an outrigger base that had the tabs on the inside busted off. These were made back when Carl was running the show and are no longer in production. I called Lou today to see if he was able to repair it and he said no however he had a set of old style around. I drove to his shop and had the grand tour where he introduced me to his wonderful wife. He takes great pride in the products they produce and was thrilled that I did not have to buy a whole new set of mounts. Anyone who is interested in rod holders, outriggers, gaffs etc should check out his stuff. I know both Fishermans Outfitters and Bob at Green Harbor Bait and Tackle are both distrubutors.

Dave

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
Definitely getting the jerk from LD. 4 weeks of "next week" on the riggers we odered for the bhm.

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
Need a complete set, it is a customers boat. Open to anything, but they have to be good quality

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
Not worth my time to start paying for fabrication. Looking at rupp top guns now

blinsquirrel

Lieutenant Commander
LD riggers

I ordered LD Marine riggers from tight lines tackle back in June for my BHM..19' poles with the holders and top mount brackets...they were in stock and shipped to my door in Long Island in 3 business days...give tight lines tackle a shout

Top Bottom