Parker bow repair project

mainely boats

Captain
Last fall during the oyster festival a customer decided to head home in his Parker down a very foggy river. His GPS wouldn't work correctly at the 10 knot cruise he was doing so he decided to bump it up some...and WA-LA I pulled a job out of his hat. He nailed the red buoy head on blowing the bow, collision bulkhead, and the berth out of the boat.

parker 5.jpg

parker 6.jpg

parker 7.jpg

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 268 Islander, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

unclefish

Commander
Boat Make
32 Mitchell Cove
el mar don't be doing this to your boat just for an excuse to go up there and hang out while they fix it. And check out those awesome de's. Ha ha. Building anything over there in Madison?????

jawz

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
23 sea craft - 31 bertram
not to hijack:

i picked up a 2120 parker,off the median on the gs parkway a few years ago - the trailer was too low in weight capacity - the boat only had transom tie down straps on it - bad move.the boat popped off the trailer and slid down the parkway at 65mph - for about 200yards - mabey more...
the boat suffered minimal damage for the impact it took - the washdown pick up was actually "ground down" from sliding down the asphault - the pick up was less than half it's normal height.

the hull thickness in that area was just about an inch in thickness - that was not "overlap" either...

the clamp brackets on the yamaha 4 stroke were broken due to the impact and enertia - the engine cowling contacted the transom cap - and broke the cap on the port side...

the antifouling paint was blasted off - to inspect the hull's bottom for damage ...

i was impressed.
i can honestly state,if that was a grady white,proline,wellcraft,or other low quality boat - i would've picked up toothpicks - those boats would not have survived that kind of impact...

but:
i've seen parkers with big problems too - cabin tops rotted - under warranty still - void problems in decks and hulls.stringer,and transom problems as well.the hull's built pretty well - somethings,electrical systems for example are not the best...

sorry for the "derail" - but,the question was asked...

i did a job similar to this one - an older 19 mako - it hit a bridge abutment at a high rate of speed - the owner wanted the boat repaired...

Top Bottom