Pearson True North 33

johndee

Ensign
Pearson True North

Does anyone have experience with either the 33 or the 34? I like the design but would like user input.

eyschulman

Commander
Boat Make
Devlin 48 & Marshal Sanderling
Lots of experience with the 38. Stay away from Yan. 6ly 2a motors. esp 2002 -2007 prior to 4 valve units. Also adding to problem Very poor exhaust geometry(no room for a good system)-purposeful prop overloading for speed. If you can not absolutely verify that motor has not been over loaded in past beware. Definitely open turbo and get real expert eyes on it. Leaks from deck fittings common. If hydronic heat SX check exhaust SX some had bomb type none industry standard installs too low near waterline mixing SS and hot salt water(look for rusted fittings) Aside from that a interesting boat with fairly good riding characteristics. With the newer 24 valve motors worth a look, but remember you will always have potential and real exhaust issues which can cause early motor death(no rebuild motor).

Brian Mac

Ensign
Hello, any help would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for a true North 33 owners manual. And also does anyone know where the windshield fluid holding tank is located? Thank you much, Brian

Brian Mac

Ensign
Thank you sir. Anyone know where I can find the owner's manual for the True North 33?

Ditchdigger

Captain
Lots of experience with the 38. Stay away from Yan. 6ly 2a motors. esp 2002 -2007 prior to 4 valve units. Also adding to problem Very poor exhaust geometry(no room for a good system)-purposeful prop overloading for speed. If you can not absolutely verify that motor has not been over loaded in past beware. Definitely open turbo and get real expert eyes on it. Leaks from deck fittings common. If hydronic heat SX check exhaust SX some had bomb type none industry standard installs too low near waterline mixing SS and hot salt water(look for rusted fittings) Aside from that a interesting boat with fairly good riding characteristics. With the newer 24 valve motors worth a look, but remember you will always have potential and real exhaust issues which can cause early motor death(no rebuild motor).
Now That my friend , was a very comprehensive evaluation. A prospective buyer wants to hear this before he buys a boat. NOT AFTER ! These are the posts that are the most important in my opinion. There are good qualities and bad qualities with every boat. It is most important to hear about the Bad [motor is a time bomb], before you hear about the good [it drifts well] . It might be a beautiful looking boat, and well respected, but you must remember that someone is getting rid of that beauty. WHY ? This is a perfect explanation of the motor on a nice boat being a time bomb just waiting for the next owner to detonate.
Great info. with this post ! They may look pretty, but there might be a monster lurking below.

Top Bottom