Permits

GD FI Inlet

Lieutenant
Think it might give the members a leg up. It does me little good being in NY because we can’t do anything with the NYS FF permits while alive unless they are corporate. But once you get one here the federal permits make a great addition to them

GD FI Inlet

Lieutenant
I'm still looking for a NYS Food fish permit. Tough one ill tell you. some one has to pass away and the family not want it to get one. Dying to get started and teach the kiddo.

Bryandespres

Lieutenant
First Name
Bryan
I just got a fluke permit 5k I seen the sea bass permit 5k but I didn’t buy it at the time , this is the first year they are transferable in mass

Bryandespres

Lieutenant
First Name
Bryan
No this one was on Craigslist but just have to search around and message people that’s how I just got my boat and mass area 2 state lobster permit

Bryandespres

Lieutenant
First Name
Bryan
You can message everyone who has the permit your looking for and go from there or put a post on fb on one of the groups

MAArcher

Rear Admiral
Well if you by up all the permits, and you own the processing plants and you finance the boats and you vertically integrate, you can set up your own nice little monopoly. My estimation is that's what's gone on with some of the the larger fisheries.

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Post a thread in the commercial fisherman’s section that would be the place if there was a demand for it I would place a new section I just haven’t yet. Thanks for the suggestion

MAArcher

Rear Admiral
I don’t know where your going with this buddy I’m just looking for a sea bass rod and reel permit
I'm not going anywhere. Just bitching because I started to look into getting one a few days ago and now I'm peeved that I'd have to pay some guy a premium to catch fish that are just as much mine as they are his. I think it should be use it or loose it with spare permits allocated fairly by lottery.

Bryandespres

Lieutenant
First Name
Bryan
They are only your fish if you are a Native American or own a permit issued by the state or federal government , you can only buy a permit if you have commercial fishing experience

MAArcher

Rear Admiral
A permit doesn’t give you ownership of the fish, it grants you a specific access to them. Federal and state governments are by the people for the people, equally. Native Americans aren’t granted ownership either that I know of. The fish in federal waters belong to you and I equally as US citizens. Fish in state waters belong to citizens of the state unless the states agreed to allow federal over-site in one form or another. At least that’s how I understand it.

I have a commercial fishing license. This will be my first season so I’m a little Leary of calling myself an actual commercial fishermen until I’ve at least sold one.

I’m not retired and I don’t have much money. My goal is to make a part time job for myself that I can have to supplement my semi-retirement in 15 years or so doing something that doesn’t make me want to hang myself. I’ll never be able to afford to actually fully retire.

Top Bottom