Please help identify my boat

fishtheblock

Commander
Boat Make
28TJ
Iv owned this boat for two seasons now and cant say enough good things about it.
But i cant identify the builder/ make/ company. I describe it as a Sisu with a Novi bow, as it comes up much higher than typical Sisu's. rugged as all hell. shes 23'

Any help would be appreciated

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

SameDirection38

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Youngbrothers, and Calvin Beal are the only way to go.
Looks like a Alyway. Not sure though no good with the novi's

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
No ain't a Leblanc. They didn't do that Cape Island style bow and they didn't put cockpit coamings on her as far as I know. First Team's right, start with the HIN.

And now I am very curious myself.

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Just for curiosity - how did you manage to register it? What did you fill out for mfg? Home made? You are not the first one on the forum to be in that situation, and I can't help but wonder about the paper trail. Sorry, can't help you on the ID but she looks to have Novi roots for sure. Take the Team 1 approach and find some hull numbers. Good luck!

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Wheres cousin Artie when you need a name pulled out. He is like a professional walking downeast hull namer.

He's out there lurking. Poor guy must have a bad case of stage fright anxiety! Come on Artie......you can do it! ;)

nickyp

Captain
Boat Make
20ft dyer
Samson did a 25. It had a pronounced hooked bow. There are/were so many small backyard companies popping out outboard "baby capes" in the maritimes. You may never know. Although, from the pics this one looks like one of better put together ones. Do Canadian hulls have vins? Or if they do now, did they have them in the 80s?
As a fan of novis, I hope this mystery gets solved

Good luck

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
23 Samson

Here is a 23' Samson. Not really that similar, and it has an Armstrong bracket.

Samson 23.jpg

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
Unless you're from New Hampsta there should be a title on the vessel, no?
Check title for HIN. Now I'm very curious.

If you're losing sleep over it now, since ya don't know what kinda boat it is wanna sell it for cheap? I'll solve that problem for ya, lol.

fishtheblock

Commander
Boat Make
28TJ
Thanks for the leads. If i find an answer i will post back, not to optimistic though. And yes registered as home made
I became the owner of this boat in an unconventional way, the owner had a quick decline in health and i just happened to be in the right place at the right time with the right amount of money. I will now never own anything but a downeast because of this boat. so it would be cool to know...

Should have it splashed

Last edited:

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
The boat has been sanded / re gel-coated twice in its life and the imprinted HIN is no longer legible.

OK. Now we all know what kind it is. Given that info, you shouldn't be posting pictures of it on a boat forum if you want to keep it! :eek: :D

Top Bottom