Pointer skiff info

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Looks a lot like the Seaway hulls or maybe the other way around?

That CC model is cool as hell. Very simple and open. No windshield to break.

Toro

Commander
Boat Make
19 Pointer
Thanks for finding that brochure. Mine is a 1981. (Is 19'6" LOA though) F 90 Yamaha. Hauled it before the ice moved in and painted it with Hydrocoat.

2014-01-20 16.24.49.jpg

bglhooked

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Mako, sold the Seaway, want a 30 Calvin Beal
Toro - I saw your boat at block island last summer. It was among the purple pink and yellow hulled sportfishing monsters but I admired your pointer more than them. Lol!
Loved it! I had a 19 seaway that I sold and certainly miss having now. Nice boat!

Toro

Commander
Boat Make
19 Pointer
thanks for the compliment !
... i was on beach shuttle assignment that week, fluking duty, night squid trips, casting at bass on the south side...she was a busy boat that week! we towed it out there on its own bottom from norwalk.

:p

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made
Last edited:

Toro

Commander
Boat Make
19 Pointer
I saw somewhere a column about the builder of the original wood boats that these were built off of... can't remember the details now. Anyone know the story?

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

Toro

Commander
Boat Make
19 Pointer
Your a gentleman and a scholar!
Yup. The way that the westpointer lays at rest is exact as this boat, (if I hadn't burdened her with an F90!) And the turns in the bilge floor look familiar.

While in Cape Porpoise with the boat once , one of the retired Daggets advised that I remove those fwd spray rails or "dig like a rapala lure" next time she gets caught outside in weather. Of course I forgot about that until this moment. Now that I remember I have to decide. What do you think, Mud?

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

Toro

Commander
Boat Make
19 Pointer
Agreed then that they stay . Never did like the idea of sawzalling them off but wouldve been simple enough . Will shift any heavy weight aft if I need to worry ...shallow diving lip anyway lol!

Toro

Commander
Boat Make
19 Pointer
10 hrs @avg of 7 or so kts straight as an arrow off the portside hause ...left us room to drag a green machine from the starboard side of the yachts cockpit between the race and block island ...

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Nice! How often do you make that trip with boat in tow? Norwalk is my old stomping ground from many moons ago. I'm glad to have a slip in the Mystic area nowadays because we tend to hit BI rather frequently.

Toro

Commander
Boat Make
19 Pointer
We 've done it like that twice now with two different boats. first time we did it I was tipped off that there were football bluefins just clear of the race so now we always will troll there regardless if its around that time.
if I can't come up with a more interesting itinerary will do that trip again this year.can't swing more times than once a year like that. will trailer from point Judith launch though too.
how about you? Is that a 25 nauset?

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Close enough. It's a 24 Coastal, formerly the Nauset 24 and now the Tripp Angler 24. I have seen those footballs in action on several occasions, usually when I have no time to fish. Funny how that works!

Top Bottom