Poli Glow Products

Brooksie

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bruno-Stillman 35
I have not used it myself but have friends that have. It doesnt really remove oxidation but it shines it. It's like a Mop&Glo type kitchen floor polish which imparts a shine to a dull service. It does yellow after a while and can be removed with ammonia to start over again.
Not like a fine wax job on good gelcoat but good for a surface that is beyond waxing. I have actually used Mop&Glo (or some such) on a boat years ago and was quite happy with the results.

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
I use it and so do a bunch of lobstermen.

Depending on how faded the boat is and how far you are away from the boat you are can have different appearances. I slapped some on the duffy for my son. I guess a great comparison would be my Duffy. What a 100 bucks and a hour can do to a appearance of a boat.

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
How about just wiping on some Penetrol, I had very good luck using it on a very faded cockpit. Quick and easy, Poly Glo is just floor wax and will work too for the short term.

chortle

Captain
Boat Make
Herreshoff Coquina, 1972 Jarvis Newman 36, PT11
Poliglow Products, Inc.| Manufacturer of Poli Glow, A New Concept in Boat Polish

Anybody try using this stuff? Is it half as good as the video makes it appear?
Especially curious if anybody's tried it to remove heavy oxidation..does it work?

The good and the bad, please!
Have a friend that has been using it for about 10 years over 30 year old flag blue gelcoat, it is super easy to apply. He does follow the directions and uses their products for prep and removal. He uses a couple of friends and his wife, each with a beer in hand and gets it done in a day. It looks great for two years and then it gets done again. It does not look or wear as well as a nice awlgrip job but it only costs him $150 for his 45' boat every two years in the Chesapeake sun. He is, however, thinking about paint next time.

Silence-11.jpg

osprey47

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Joe
Boat Make
BHM 36 w/ Yanmar 6LYA-STE
While Poliglow will shine up gelcoat, from what i have been told it is very difficult to remove if you plan on painting the boat. Another product that does a nicely is Awlgrip which we used for many years. Holds up nicely and is much easier to use than wax.

AwlGrip AWLCARE Polymer Sealer

Top Bottom