Poly vs aluminum gasoline fuel tanks

wiggy

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Seaway 23
I'm considering a poly moeller gas tank not sure what the advantage might be compared to aluminum. I wanna stay away from a glass tank with all the ethanol issues. The idea of e15 really scares me! Any horror stories with poly tanks?

Thanks

Wiggy

John 40

Lieutenant Commander
I installed a moeller 75 gallon poly tank on my 24 ft. I didn't have any issues with it over the 2 year period i owned it. When installing make sure to leave plenty of room for expansion. I would go this route over aluminum although they have increased in price substantially.

wiggy

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Seaway 23
Moeller

Thanks John. Inca is the only other company I've seen making tanks, but I can't find a dealer for them. I'll end up with a Moeller 35 gallon. I wish I could find a bigger one that would fit, but there's not a lot of options. Should still give me a decent range with the Yamaha 115.

John 40

Lieutenant Commander
Try Ocean Link in Rhode Island i think. They have a great web site for finding the correct tank for your dimensions.

mudhake

Captain
The best tank for the new ethonol is pvc, Call triple m plastics in Kennebunk M.E. Ask for Larry Or Katrine. Tell them what your looking for and tell them that Steve from Seaworthy Marine refered you to them. Great people, and I have had them build me over 100 tanks.

mudhake

Captain
If your looking for a plastic tank call triple m plastics. For the best tanks call Wilson Welding in Salisbury M.A.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom