Possible attempt at Nantucket beach fishing closure

Fishnjess

Captain
Gotta beat them at there own game. Ask to show statistical data on great white attacks on beaches! Smart questions always beat people with agendas.

Frank Grimes

Rear Admiral
First Name
John
Gotta beat them at there own game. Ask to show statistical data on great white attacks on beaches! Smart questions always beat people with agendas.
provided the people making the decision, whether they are some sort of committee or voters, care about facts. We've entered into a period of American history where supporting the narrative has risen above (in some cases far above) facts in terms of importance to a lot of people. It's always been this way to a point but has boiled over in the past decade or so.

Canyondiver

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
John
I’ll donate the splintered oar to do the slapping.

You could use one of Barry Thurston’s old aluminum butted rods... cork removed!

Downrigga

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
I go to nantucket on the regular. His shop was awesome. I always felt i was missing something if i didnt stop in there. Had a great supply of fishing plugs and surf casting gear. On second thought im sure he would love to be in charge of the bitch slapping.

Canyondiver

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
John
I believe Barry passed away a few years back.
Bill Fisher should be up to helping, if he’s still on island.

Downrigga

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
Barry was a good soul. May he rest in peace. He is most likely rollling 50 pounders up on a beach somewhere up there.

Canyondiver

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
John
Agreed!
As a kid, we bought a LOT of tackle from him.
Rigs, weights, terminal tackle and bait.
Had a few rods from him as well.
Spent a good bit of in town fishing off the wharf for tinkers, snappers, and under the docks for butters and eels.

Handlined boatloads of scup on his boxes of Mustads.

Gliddens loved us nuts, bringing in loads of fish including piles of bluefish and the occasional bass from Great Point rip.

I’ll be seriously steamed if I catch wind of any kind of closures!

Think canoeing up the creek channels for mussels was attracting white sharks?

Viexile

Lieutenant Commander
Bob DeCosta is rounding up as many people as he can to fight it. Hopefully they can shut it down.

A result of the pandemic will be a different sort of “resident” trying to dictate local politics on the Cape & Islands (and Maine, and Vermont) over the next few years. It will interesting to watch how some things unfold
LOL! (first time I've ever done that). Good luck with Maine and anything North and East of the Mason/Augusta line. I'm pretty sure I know how things will get unfolded.

Top Bottom