Precision Marine Blowout Promo Deal of the Month!

Wharf Rat

Marine Electronics 'Professional'
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.precisionmarinecenter.com
Boat Make
OPB
Originally I posted this in the 'Precision Discount Deal Section' but not a lot of traffic there, so Bill told me to post it here and see what happens; even offered to make it a sticky. Again, I don't want to pollute this forum with sales shit, but you guys tell me what you think..

Furuno TZT14 Factory Refurb Blowout! $2,500 w/ A Three Year Factory Warranty!

The Boss's Princess.jpg Nimbus After.jpg

Hey fam,

Figured this was worth the post. Furuno has a load of BlueStar (Furuno "Refurbished") TZT14 MFD's that they're blowing out. I'm sure people here who've had them might have had the 'Bubble Issue' which meant Furuno had to reman a lot of these machines over the years, now they're taking a loss to unload.

We're selling them for $2,500 a pop.

They also decided back in March to offer anyone who buys a Furuno product this year to get a THIRD year of warranty as an incentive to get people to pull the trigger with the COVID crisis making things blurry, but nobody expected all these new Googans to get into boats this year.

These TZT14's as many of you guys know are my all-time favorite MFD; built like a brick shithouse; these things cost $7,800 when they first came out. That was and still is WITHOUT any internal sounder or even an internal GPS. That's how much they cost to make (also the Yen/Dollar ratio was upside down at the time), all because FEC/Furuno Japan refused to build a non-Mil Spec Multi-Touch display. That said, you can throw an SCX20 and a DFF3D or DFF1-UHD into the mix, and you've got a GPS/Heading sensor and a fully stabilized sonar and echo finder. They'll run any of the DRS Doppler Radars, and with the heading sensor you'll get perfect Overlay, Target Tracking, and Echo Trails.

And that's not all!!

Just got in a shipment of SCX20 Satellite Compasses! SATELLITE COMPASS™ SCX-20 | Compass | Products | FURUNO

Figured I'd allocate four of them to this particular DEBF Promo;

They're $995 MRP and include a 6m NMEA2000 drop cable.

As I've mentioned, the TZT does NOT have an internal GPS sensor; it does need an external GPS sensor. Also even MORE important, if you want to run radar overlay or use ARPA functions, you MUST have a heading sensor as well. And even MORE important, that SCX20 will also act as a full stabilizing sensor for any of the networked Furuno sounders and sonars (DFF3D is where is shines, and also will work with the FCV1150)

The SCX Sat Compass kills two to three birds with one stone, and anyone familiar with them knows how hard they've been able to find this year.

There isn't an unlimited supply of these and they won't release inventory levels. Drop me a PM or call the office with any questions. Have a good weekend fam, and Let's Go Jets..

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Great deal Chris. You aren’t polluting your a sponsor , you can have a single thread in the electronics section for doing so just keep adding to it over time.. I don’t see any issue with that especially if you are giving us great deals no one else is

neyachts

Commander
Website
www.neyachts.com
Boat Make
30' Saltshaker CC
Hi- We're trying to set up a Furuno system for a client with a 2520 Parker Pilothouse. Need either a single TZT14 (or two smaller MFD's), with Doppler Radar, Autopilot, Chirp etc. They do lots of underwater research, so sharpest down and side imaging is crucial. Can you recommend? They're ready to buy... Thx, Buzz (NH) 603 433-3222

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Revived mine in 2 days. Thanks Chris. One question. Is the power cable for the 3D the same plus as the tzt?

Wharf Rat

Forum Sponsor
Website
Boat Make
OPB
Revived mine in 2 days. Thanks Chris. One question. Is the power cable for the 3D the same plus as the tzt?
Not the same; the NavNet3D MFD Power cable was a heavier cable with a 15A in-line fuse; TZT14 cable is lighter with a 10A fuse. Remember those NN3D MFDs had a 'DRS' port which would actually be used to power any radar up to the 12kW, hence the heavier power supply cable.

Last edited:

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Not the same; the NavNet3D MFD Power cable was a heavier cable with a 15A in-line fuse; TZT14 cable is lighter with a 10A fuse. Remember those NN3D MFDs had a 'DRS' port which would actually be used to power any radar up to the 12kW, hence the heavier power supply cable.
Thanks.

Wharf Rat

Forum Sponsor
Website
Boat Make
OPB
Wanted to give you guys a heads up that Furuno as of noon today is down to around 15 of these TZT14 Reman's, and once those are gone it's over.

A huge thanks for such a great response on this one! Will be posting a new deal once these are gone. Have a great Thanksgiving fam!

Wharf Rat

Forum Sponsor
Website
Boat Make
OPB
AS OF END OF NOVEMBER, WE HAVE PURCHASED THE LAST 4 REMAINING TZT14 REMAN's FROM FURUNO USA, WHICH WILL BE DELIVERED TO US DECEMBER 3rd. THESE WILL BE FIRST COME FIRST SERVE, AND WE WERE ALSO ABLE TO SECURE 2 MORE SCX20 COMPASSES FROM A DISTRIBUTION PARTNER. AGAIN, THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HUGE RESPONSE! THIS WILL BE THE FIRST OF MANY PROMO'S WE'LL PUT ON HERE WITHOUT POLLUTING THE SITE AND THE NATURE OF THIS FORUM. ANYONE INTERESTED IN A TZT14 PLEASE REACH OUT TO ME ON MONDAY OR DROP ME A PM OVER THIS WEEKEND. All the best.. - Wharf Rat AKA Labozza

Wharf Rat

Forum Sponsor
Website
Boat Make
OPB
BLACK FRIDAY - DEAL #1!! - FLIR M232 PAN/TILT THERMAL IMAGER @ $2,799.99

M232 Holiday Flyer - Web.png

FLIR has decided to offer a 'Black Friday' / Holiday deal on their M232 Pan/Tilt Thermal Camera from now until December 13th.

Normally, these sell for their MRP of $3,499.

This is one of the first real deals from a factory since COVID (been very few rebates and such because there's been no reliable inventory to deliver), and they are offering this unit at 20% Less than what they normally cost, and these are New in The Box units, not Remans or anything like that.

The M232's were FLIR's first foray into making an imager that could be 'Plug-n-Play' with any of the other manufacturers; Garmin, Simrad, Furuno, and of course Raymarine. You don't need to have a separate JoyStick Control Unit, you're able to control all the functions right through the display, touchscreen, etc.

So everyone knows, the compatibility list for direct IP video and control WITH NO DECODERS OR CONVERTERS is as follows:

GARMIN: GPSMAP® 7x2, 9x2, 10x2, 12x2, 7400, 7600, 8000, 8200, 8600.

SIMRAD: NSO Evo3, NSO Evo2, Simrad NSS Evo3, NSO Evo3s MFD, Simrad NSO Evo3s MPU

Furuno: TZT Gen1 (TZT9, TZT14, TZTBB); TZT2 (12, 16, and BB) and all TZT3 MFDs.

Raymarine
:
- a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs Running Lighthouse 2 v19.03
- eS/gS-Series Running Lighthouse 3
- Raymarine's Axiom, Axiom +, Axiom Pro & Axiom XLs

These are actually really easy to install as they are just IP cameras; and while they can still be used with earlier Simrad and Furuno displays, you need to use a Digital to Analog Decoder and do some IP addressing, and the cost plus the effort just isn't worth it.
Drop me a line, a PM, email, etc. I'll get back to you guys next week with questions and other important shit. Hope everyone had a great holiday.. and let's see if the Jets manage to pull an upset on the Dolphins tomorrow!! Just praying the Fins don't roll out Fitzmagic..

Last edited:

Brainey

Captain
First Name
Bill
Boat Make
43' Atkinson
Originally I posted this in the 'Precision Discount Deal Section' but not a lot of traffic there, so Bill told me to post it here and see what happens; even offered to make it a sticky. Again, I don't want to pollute this forum with sales shit, but you guys tell me what you think..

Furuno TZT14 Factory Refurb Blowout! $2,500 w/ A Three Year Factory Warranty!

View attachment 93208 View attachment 93207

Hey fam,

Figured this was worth the post. Furuno has a load of BlueStar (Furuno "Refurbished") TZT14 MFD's that they're blowing out. I'm sure people here who've had them might have had the 'Bubble Issue' which meant Furuno had to reman a lot of these machines over the years, now they're taking a loss to unload.

We're selling them for $2,500 a pop.

They also decided back in March to offer anyone who buys a Furuno product this year to get a THIRD year of warranty as an incentive to get people to pull the trigger with the COVID crisis making things blurry, but nobody expected all these new Googans to get into boats this year.

These TZT14's as many of you guys know are my all-time favorite MFD; built like a brick shithouse; these things cost $7,800 when they first came out. That was and still is WITHOUT any internal sounder or even an internal GPS. That's how much they cost to make (also the Yen/Dollar ratio was upside down at the time), all because FEC/Furuno Japan refused to build a non-Mil Spec Multi-Touch display. That said, you can throw an SCX20 and a DFF3D or DFF1-UHD into the mix, and you've got a GPS/Heading sensor and a fully stabilized sonar and echo finder. They'll run any of the DRS Doppler Radars, and with the heading sensor you'll get perfect Overlay, Target Tracking, and Echo Trails.

And that's not all!!

Just got in a shipment of SCX20 Satellite Compasses! SATELLITE COMPASS™ SCX-20 | Compass | Products | FURUNO

Figured I'd allocate four of them to this particular DEBF Promo;

They're $995 MRP and include a 6m NMEA2000 drop cable.

As I've mentioned, the TZT does NOT have an internal GPS sensor; it does need an external GPS sensor. Also even MORE important, if you want to run radar overlay or use ARPA functions, you MUST have a heading sensor as well. And even MORE important, that SCX20 will also act as a full stabilizing sensor for any of the networked Furuno sounders and sonars (DFF3D is where is shines, and also will work with the FCV1150)

The SCX Sat Compass kills two to three birds with one stone, and anyone familiar with them knows how hard they've been able to find this year.

There isn't an unlimited supply of these and they won't release inventory levels. Drop me a PM or call the office with any questions. Have a good weekend fam, and Let's Go Jets..
PM'd you

Wharf Rat

Forum Sponsor
Website
Boat Make
OPB
Chris
I take the flier would work on my tz12?
Yes, the M232 can connect directly to the ethernet network with both video and control, as long as the software is 6.21 or later. Even if you don't get a FLIR, I highly recommend updating that TZT2 to V7.01; HUGE difference in ease of operation. Do NOT update the TZT2 if it is connected to a first generation TZT or TimeZero PCsoftware other than TZ Professional V4.

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
Hey Chris,
Any issues with putting a TZT14 outside at a cockpit station?

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Will the flir work on the tzt14? Just curious not buying.

Wharf Rat

Forum Sponsor
Website
Boat Make
OPB
Hey Chris,
Any issues with putting a TZT14 outside at a cockpit station?
Nope, they're IP56 rated for water ingress however if the rear is going to be exposed to salt spray, I would recommend using a Pod to keep those connectors from corroding. That said, we have plenty of guys who've hung it from the bracket mount under the coaming and haven't had issues, but usually those guys will disconnect it and bring it inside to keep it from getting swiped or blasted in a storm like today's.

Top Bottom