Pretty slick if do say so myself !

Raider Ronnie

Admiral
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.
Transom controls all mounted, just haven't decided/figured out what I'll do for a latch to hold it up.Have an extra 12x12 anchor hatch I may mount on front of air box to access from under or may mount a Plano type tackle storage unit there that will fold open for access also.

Was going to go with a Simrad JS10 toggle but this QS80 is quite a bit of an upgrade and has full auto pilot functions including the indicator of the rudders position.

stern controls.jpg

Del

Deckhand
Boat Make
Webbers Cove
Transom controls all mounted, just haven't decided/figured out what I'll do for a latch to hold it up.Have an extra 12x12 anchor hatch I may mount on front of air box to access from under or may mount a Plano type tackle storage unit there that will fold open for access also.

Was going to go with a Simrad JS10 toggle but this QS80 is quite a bit of an upgrade and has full auto pilot functions including the indicator of the rudders position.

In this case, a couple pair of those powerful disc magnets strategically mounted (epoxy?) and sealed (epoxy again?) may do the door latch job.

Raider Ronnie

Admiral
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.
Nice neat job Ron !!, hey have you thought about a small gas lift shock like one from a jeep or similar ? There are about a zillion here. I'm sure there not stainless but a good coat of rust preventive and might last a few years.

Discount Auto Parts and Accessories - PartsGeek

Probably going to do a simple (small) toggle like I made to lock tuna door. (Did the same toggles that hold up my stb house side hinged up against the roof)
The more simple the better. A center bolt to rotate on. Will never break or rust.

tuna door latch.jpg

Latest Posts

Top Bottom