Privateer 24 w/ Lehman

mcangelo41

Commander
I know its not a DE but I bought the one that was listed on this site....Just started working on Abe Lincoln's motor. Going to redo all the filters, linkage, etc. Buddy who is a mechanic going to go over it this week hopefully start her up this weekend....

1922074_598271936915014_766523067_n.jpg

Last edited:

mcangelo41

Commander
More Pics

More pics still under shrink. Fuel tanks are rotten we are just going to use temporary tank for now and if we keep boat will cut deck and install bigger tank.

photo10_zps51431ec0.jpg

photo1_zps776a3674.jpg

photo2_zps900e149a.jpg

photo6_zps85ff3ebf.jpg

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
Congrats on the purchase. Hey privateers have a keel so I classify them as a DE sort of ;)
I actually started my face lift/minor overhaul on my 24 Renegade Privateer.

You own prob one of the most stable 24 foot semi V hulls out there. Good luck with the project. Replacing the tanks arent the end of the world. I did mine abotu ten years ago. I have a center 95gal tank. I believe you have saddle 44gal tanks for a total of 88gal. Those numbers are also from the 80's so I may be off.

mcangelo41

Commander
Haha...we are excited to see what this puppy can do as we never seatrialed....Yes it does have sddle bags....we will probably cut deck and drop in a small tank as we dont need much over 50gal....Would like to see pics of yours.....

mcangelo41

Commander
Is that a towing bollard mounted on the aft deck or is that for the shrinkwrap?

We just removed tow rigging-This boats sole purpose was to tow a small fuel barge to a fuel station that got washed away in Sandy. Previous own lived on an a small island near "Long Island" I think it was called Frank and Dicks....I have never been there....It was a fuel stop & tiki bar...the guy lived on the island for 8 months out of the year....cool business that got washed away in SAndy!

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
Here are a few pics from Saturday. The boat has sat out of water all last season. I have currently just powerwashed her in preparation for her face lift. I'll start a new thread for her since I dont wanna confuse anyone or steal the attention. I'll be glad to answer any questions I can. I have this one 24' 1983 and a 18' 1996.

priv.jpg

priveng.jpg

pugsley

Captain
just replaced my tank last year, it was a 90 gallon tank in the middle.

pugsley

Captain
the new tank is made of thicker aluminum, and i covered it in that truck bed liner stuff, so hopefully good for 30yrs....:eek:

mcangelo41

Commander
Ran the motor today for first time....Sounds good. We are just planning out what we are doing. Going to have a 29 gal temp tank on top of deck just aft of motor until we know for sure we are keeping boat. We will put a tackle center and cutting board on top of it.

click on engine to see her sing! Hasn't been started since before Hurricane Sandy....started right up!!

t_zpsd7f7a74a.jpeg

pugsley

Captain
29 gallons will run that motor for about a week, they are good running motors, just don't be in a hurry to get anywhere.

mcangelo41

Commander
Yeah exactly.....i have low attention span so going to be interesting on me dealing with 10kts but we basically start fishing right out of the harbor....if we like this little boat we can always drop something with more power in it over the winter...

pugsley

Captain
i had one in a boat, took it out and put a 350 in, i just couldn't take the slow.

RT46

Lieutenant Commander
Frank and Dicks was a great place that got hammered during Sandy.

It is on a small grass island west of Captree and south of Babylon in the State Boat Channel on the South Shore of Long Island (New York).

The only way to get to the place is by boat.

It is a shame that the they haven't rebuilt the place.
there was a nice tiki bar, fuel, bait, and a hot coffee April thru December.

I hope they rebuild.

there is a facebook page about the place.

best of luck the owners.

mcangelo41

Commander
Frank and Dicks was a great place that got hammered during Sandy.

It is on a small grass island west of Captree and south of Babylon in the State Boat Channel on the South Shore of Long Island (New York).

The only way to get to the place is by boat.

It is a shame that the they haven't rebuilt the place.
there was a nice tiki bar, fuel, bait, and a hot coffee April thru December.

I hope they rebuild.

there is a facebook page about the place.

best of luck the owners.

They are looking to rebuild but insurance didn't cover damage and Government didn't give them anything...they are trying...

slingblade

Lieutenant
I reckon you won't have to worry about pulling her back at the "no wake" zones! mmmhhmmm

Top Bottom