Prop try outs .

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
2000 Genral Marine 31 duffy Hull
Wanna play with a few props without dropping 2g on them. Anybody know where I can borrow a 24" x24 4 blade with a 2" bore.

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
Talked to a few guys both said might be a better fit then my 23" 25 pitch

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
This is my wheel now. I have the room to go bigger. My boats getting dropped in and getting hauled at another yard I figured it would be a good time to play with 1 different prop size. Can't hurt. I'm open to any suggestions , props are like flux capacitators to me.

Last edited:

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
Wow that's a small hub on that one

All I can tell you is that it's a 2" bore that's made it 12 yrs. other then that I don't know much about props. Have room for a bigger and the ponies, just don't know what the hell I'm doing. Or if it will even be worth it. Just figured I would play having a free haul in all.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
All I can tell you is that it's a 2" bore that's made it 12 yrs. other then that I don't know much about props. Have room for a bigger and the ponies, just don't know what the hell I'm doing. Or if it will even be worth it. Just figured I would play having a free haul in all.

Let's photo tach the motor with the
reconditioned prop.
When you going in and "moving" the boat ????

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
Let's photo tach the motor with the
reconditioned prop.
When you going in and "moving" the boat ????
Not for a bit , but the motor is getting a going through by a cummins cert . I just wanted to play, and maybe have a spare.

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
There are many props for sale on the net , same size, same bore. Just curious why is this strange.
Hub wall tappers from 1/2 " to 5/8" .

Last edited:

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
No , no worries at all, just trying to learn. Why does hub size matter? 5/8 wall on a 2" bore is small?

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
Is this a better pic? I'm looking at L 24" 24 props on the net for around 1,900. A lot cheaper then local shops. What's the theory ?

Last edited:

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
Currently im swinging a 23x23x2" bore so dont feel bad.

Im actually gonna buy a new prop 23x22x2 with a lil cup. Currently i have no cup and have cavitation.

Finding small props like this with a 2"bore is a bitch. Thats why now that im done playing with props and know exactly what i need, im gonna buy brand new. Capt larry found me a 24x24x2 that i tried and then shaved down to the current size.

Good luck with the search.

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
Currently im swinging a 23x23x2" bore so dont feel bad.

Im actually gonna buy a new prop 23x22x2 with a lil cup. Currently i have no cup and have cavitation.

Finding small props like this with a 2"bore is a bitch. Thats why now that im done playing with props and know exactly what i need, im gonna buy brand new. Capt larry found me a 24x24x2 that i tried and then shaved down to the current size.

Good luck with the search.
Thanks for the info, I just don't know a lot about props.

I haven't found it a prob finding props for this size.
This may seem stupid but there's a lot of used dual props sold in this size.
Why wouldn't the Left turn prop 24" be the same?
with the bigger hp motors being put into smaller hulls , why would a 2" bore be that strange with a smaller diameter prop?
Love the knowledge here, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
Depending on the transmission, you can reverse it to swing a lh prop. Which maybe the direction im leaning towards when i go to make the purchase of a new prop.

For my low horsepower(320). Every tells me i have a beefy shaft(no pun intended) so your guess is as good as mine.

Whats size are you looking for?

Powderpro

Vice Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Robert- I figured First Team was being sarcastic when he said that was an odd size prop, but he must have been serious. I have seen, installed, and used numerous 24" diameter props with 2" shafts, doesn't seem odd at all to me, actually my experience would say that is a somewhat common sizing. Here is a pic of a gillnetter I built in 2011 that had a 24"x24" Michigan prop with 2" shaft.

DSCN6243 - Copy.JPG

Top Bottom