Proposed RFD’s

Kiteboy

Captain
First Name
Liam
typo, argument not agreement. Time and experience on the sea has nothing to do. I'm arguing the principal of personal liberty, not if its a good idea to have a life raft when you're offshore.
Leave it to you to correct spelling.

Sea time and experience has everything to do with this. I personally have never had anything bad happen to me or had to help somebody, but also don’t have nearly as much sea time as a lot of the guys on this page.

Downrigga

Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
Makes no sense to you because you don’t value it. What’s old is that when you don’t have a strong argument to the contrary you cry nonsense without a good explanation.
I think my argument is pretty strong. In case you missed the many posts where provided a good explination i will try this approach. I cry nonsence when you say you care about safety. You dont have the credentials to decide what is safe and what is not safe when it comes to commercial fishing regulations. People that make those decisions have credentials. The rules are created by studing many many incidents by qualified people. It has zero to do with liberty. In exchange for the privilage you fit a certain critreria and follow specific set of rules.

Tuna Hotline

Rear Admiral
Archer - seriously dude, you might as well leave. The whole point of this forum is to help fellow DE enthusiasts and enjoy good conversation. You don't contribute to the first, and absolutely SUCK at the last. There's really no point in sticking around, you've burned damn near all your bridges.

MAArcher

Rear Admiral
I think my argument is pretty strong. In case you missed the many posts where provided a good explination i will try this approach. I cry nonsence when you say you care about safety. You dont have the credentials to decide what is safe and what is not safe when it comes to commercial fishing regulations. People that make those decisions have credentials. The rules are created by studing many many incidents by qualified people. It has zero to do with liberty. In exchange for the privilage you fit a certain critreria and follow specific set of rules.
Eloquent, but it isn't a strong argument. It doesn't justify why you or anyone else gets to set the rules for another man which is the argument. It is a great argument as how they are qualified to come up with guidelines to help keep people safe though. And again, you don't explain why its fair to enforce safety regulations based on if the fish a person catches is being sold or not.

Liberty has everything to do with my argument.

I'd argue catching fish is more right than privilege.

You don't need credentials to know its safer to have a life raft and caring about safety certainly doesn't require experience. I know its unsafe to jump off a mountain in squirrel suit like the guy in that video even though I've never done it. And like I said, I'm not advocating for anyone to go offshore without safety equipment, I'm just saying you don't have the right to point a gun at someone and tell them they have too.

MAArcher

Rear Admiral
Archer - seriously dude, you might as well leave. The whole point of this forum is to help fellow DE enthusiasts and enjoy good conversation. You don't contribute to the first, and absolutely SUCK at the last. There's really no point in sticking around, you've burned damn near all your bridges.
I'd argue that I'm helping by trying to convince people not to regulate themselves out of existence.

Sidewinder Trevor

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Trevor
Eloquent, but it isn't a strong argument. It doesn't justify why you or anyone else gets to set the rules for another man which is the argument. It is a great argument as how they are qualified to come up with guidelines to help keep people safe though. And again, you don't explain why its fair to enforce safety regulations based on if the fish a person catches is being sold or not.

You don't need credentials to know its safer to have a life raft and caring about safety certainly doesn't require experience. I know its unsafe to jump off a mountain in squirrel suit like the guy in that video even though I've never done it. And like I said, I'm not advocating for anyone to go offshore without safety equipment, I'm just saying you don't have the right to point a gun at someone and tell them they have too.
Dude I’ve been trying to be nice but you are a complete idiot.

Downrigga

Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB

Your surrounded by rules created by someone else from the moment you roll out of bed every morning.

Downrigga

Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB

Holy fuck....the explination one more time. The rules were created to make the commercial fishing industry a safer work enviornment. A strong background is needed to develop that program because it involves training and drill instruction by all crew members. Again...training is mandatory for all crew members. Your not qualified to instruct it. Contrary to your opinion drill training is doccumented in writing for every crew member by someone certified to do it. You are on a different planet my friend. Compliance has a lot more to it them aquiring a raft. CPR certification, drill instruction certification. Its a long list. Some of it depends on the size of your vessel or the permits you obtain, or where you fish. Lets not beat around the bush. The man tells you what you can and can not do every day of your life, same for all of us. You dont get to pick and choose without ramifications. I am done with this thread.

Last edited:

Kiteboy

Captain
First Name
Liam
He simply dose not have any experience with commercial tuna fishing and thinks it will be the same as how it is on wicked tuna. He will learn that it’s not after a few trips.

Barnstable Seafood Co.

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Jake
3FEAB7B2-D744-4330-B036-519A3A683F31.jpeg
Can’t go fishing w/out drinking half a bottle of Jamison? Guess what asshole, commercial fisherman don’t drink on the boat, recreational people do. Drinking and driving a boat at night really shows how fucking stupid you are. Spare everyone with how “safe” you are. I feel bad for anyone associated with you.

Barnstable Seafood Co.

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Jake
Kicking a drug habit is one of the hardest things to do so hats off to you for over coming such odds and turning it around although reading maarchers posts may cause you to start drinking heavily.
Thank you. I was a curious kid who got caught up in it. It happens to a lot of people that way. Everyone in my community here in Barnstable knows I’ve done drugs, Im very open about it actually. Over the years I’ve had parents approach me asking if I’d speak to their kids. The secret is purpose, and commercial fishing is my purpose. I come off as an asshole sometimes, and maybe I have loose screw but ANYONE who knows me knows I’m extremely hard working, honest business man, and heavily invested in preventing/ reversing nitrification of our estuaries.

Ripcat

Captain
Thank you. I was a curious kid who got caught up in it. It happens to a lot of people that way. Everyone in my community here in Barnstable knows I’ve done drugs, Im very open about it actually. Over the years I’ve had parents approach me asking if I’d speak to their kids. The secret is purpose, and commercial fishing is my purpose. I come off as an asshole sometimes, and maybe I have loose screw but ANYONE who knows me knows I’m extremely hard working, honest business man, and heavily invested in preventing/ reversing nitrification of our estuaries.
Every single one of us has at least one screw loose man…good for you for turning your situation around. And nice striper!

Barnstable Seafood Co.

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Jake
Every single one of us has at least one screw loose man…good for you for turning your situation around. And nice striper!
That’s not my bass, I don’t fish for those stupid things. that’s mmarcher drinking and driving around at night. This may be the only fish he’s ever caught and was definitely 50 lbs by how far he is holding it away from him

MAArcher

Rear Admiral
That’s not my bass, I don’t fish for those stupid things. that’s mmarcher drinking and driving around at night. This may be the only fish he’s ever caught and was definitely 50 lbs by how far he is holding it away from him
Dingus, that's not me and not my booze. Go back and reread the post.

Congrats if you're really sober though. If you can kick a drug habit I bet you could become less of a prick if you gave it a little effort.

Reel polack

Lieutenant
First Name
Bobby
I really think it is calming to a captain when a situation happens that is possibly life threatening and he has all necessary gear to complete option A,B,C,D. I think all the safety gear allows you to improvise if needed to adapt to the situation.

Top Bottom