PTO For a ZF 280

Hurdy Gurdy

Lieutenant Commander
Hey guys been a while and things are starting to look up here.Have been wondering about my steering pump which is a Vickers that is belt driven.Really dont like the idea of having belt driven pump hanging off the front of my engine.Was thinking of trying to find a PTO for the gearbox as it would cost the same as the pully wheel for the Cummins.Shipping and duty here are a killer.What are your thoughts and where would be the best place to start looking for such an item?
Im so close now I can taste it! here is a pic of my old Vickers pump.Think its just as old as the boat.Here is an old pic when it was still in boat and the others after it was cleaned up.

IMG_2051.jpg

IMG_4006.jpg

IMG_4008.jpg

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Hey guys been a while and things are starting to look up here.Have been wondering about my steering pump which is a Vickers that is belt driven.Really dont like the idea of having belt driven pump hanging off the front of my engine.Was thinking of trying to find a PTO for the gearbox as it would cost the same as the pully wheel for the Cummins.Shipping and duty here are a killer.What are your thoughts and where would be the best place to start looking for such an item?
Im so close now I can taste it! here is a pic of my old Vickers pump.Think its just as old as the boat.Here is an old pic when it was still in boat and the others after it was cleaned up.

Here ya go!!

pictures are courtesy of Tony Athens @ Seaboard Marine CA.

Hope this helps you!

Copy of Installing ZF280 PTO -c.jpg

Copy of Installing ZF280 PTO -c (2).jpg

Copy of Installing ZF280 PTO -c (3).jpg

BillD

Admiral
Boat Make
Attaching the pump to the transmission?

I can see how the transmission is now "setup" to accept a pump and can see hos the pump will attach to the transmission (2 bolts).

What pieces have to come off or be added on to Hurdy's original pump.

The pics show the original pump spline would not "fit as is ?

Any help ???

BillD

Admiral
Boat Make
Not sure if you can use your pump "as is" ?????

Hurdy,
from my contact:

"The guy needs to buy a pump with either a SAE B 13T spline ( most popular size), or one with a SAE A pad, 9T or 11T spline ( can't remember what one is avaiable in the "A" size)"

Top Bottom