Purse seine

nabb

Ensign
Hello, may I know if any you is into purse seine fishing. I am new to this and it is giving me a headache, especially when it comes to forming the structure of the net. I am hoping to construct a 500 meter purse seine net. My problem is with the measures of the bunt, net body and the selvage, that is, how long would the bunt (which be in the center) have to be as well as the others.
My next problem is the material selection. I have done some research into that and have come up with the following: Bunt - PA210d/15, Net Body - PA210d/9,12, and Selvage - PE380d/15. I would appreciate if you could look this over and recommend alternatives. All comments welcome.

edington

nabb

Ensign
I am in Ghana, on the west coast of Africa. We will be fishing for herring, mackerel and tuna.
Thanks.

wave monkey

Lieutenant Commander
what size mesh are you using hering to tuna I take it small mesh here the mesh was 5 inch for tuna with heavier twine in bag for scraping reasons ,no rules there going to need a (good hard hat)alot of chain weight nice D rings tied with twine so can be removed and smooth wires for a fast set you don't want to much salvage because you don't want rings , chains flotes to twist inside each other same hand you defenitly don't want it to tight don't know if its worth you bying a used one from here , twine notless would be best but you couldn't mend it good with black tar twine, you want to keep clumpy knot balls out

Top Bottom