Pyrometer probe length ?

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
once you find the plug/port for a pyro probe how do you know what probe length to get ?? should it be 1/2 the diameter of the piping ??

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
YUP, the "tip" of the probe should be "in the middle of the diameter"
That's where I installed mine on the Cummins.

Probes are adjustable

Thanks Bill, didn't know they were adjustable, looked on fleabay last night and saw some in different lenghts so thats why i asked.

backman

Captain
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
I just went through this with Tony Athens - god of boatdiesel - he says right smack in the center - he also can help you on the appropriate Cummins probes...

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
once you find the plug/port for a pyro probe how do you know what probe length to get ?? should it be 1/2 the diameter of the piping ??
Bring the take out plug to the vendor he will match the size. Ispro has the best selection. The length of the lead you will have to est. Just run a wire from the plug to the dash install poiunt measure it and then pick the closest length they offer.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Bring the take out plug to the vendor he will match the size. Ispro has the best selection. The length of the lead you will have to est. Just run a wire from the plug to the dash install poiunt measure it and then pick the closest length they offer.

Steve, go with ISSPRO as Larry states !!

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
Here is a photo of where my pyrometer prop gets installed. It is in the spacer block between the exhaust manifold and the turbo.

pryo 2.jpg

storm 089.jpg

pyro 1.jpg

pyro.jpg

Top Bottom