Question for Ken Flowers

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Ken,

If you would please, refresh my memory.

What composite panels are these in the pics.

Are they foam composite core that your crew lays up ?

Or are the panels purchased with "hard skins" ??

Curious ?

Thanks,

Bill D

btw, your new builds are looking very very nice !

Flowers Panel 1.jpg

Flowers Panel 2.jpg

Flowers Panel 3.jpg

Flowers Panel 4.jpg

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
Bill I am fairly certain that Ken used CoreCell and maybe some Divinycell in the build. They make up all their own panels.

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
That explains why they do it themselves. If you can't do it yourself then bend over and pay the man.:shock::shock::shock:

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Yeah, I've made my own w/ Nidacore "scrim" for the same reasons. What I meant was I hope they get the material much cheaper in bulk quantities. Some of the un-glassed structural foam is crazy expensive if you have to buy in small quantities, even from a wholesaler.

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
Have you checked out the Fiberlay website Bill? They have some composites, cores and panels on there also

mainely boats

Captain
I hope they get 'em a lot cheaper than that...

They cost us more than that to build, but we have a molded gelcoat finish on one or both sides and more glass on both sides so you can burn some out and glass 2 pieces together. These are 1/4" H80 panels in the pictures being used to finish the interior of a molded house top.

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Yeah, I can understand that, having made some panels from scratch. I was thinking more about the core when I said that.

Top Bottom