Quiz

twister

Captain
Boat Make
37 Mitchell cove
Tuna bullet, you run it down the mainline after a hook up to prevent line chafe. Don't know anyone that uses them though.

Tuna Pursuit

Rear Admiral
Website
www.oliverwelding.com
Boat Make
Thunnus
The long end points towards the hook. if using a swivel in goes up to the swivel on the leader. Double the leader back onto the tube and either tie an elastic or I like electrical tape. When fish hits it straightens out the line & she slides down the line & hopefully into the fishes mouth to protect your line. Did I pass the quiz?:p

Tuna Pursuit

Rear Admiral
Website
www.oliverwelding.com
Boat Make
Thunnus
by the way if anyone uses them I can tell you how to make them cheap. And you need to get that curl out of the tube or your line will twist even with a swivel---heat gun will relax the stress in the tube. Extra credit????

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Well, the top one is a catheter that looks like someone had a little bit of trouble with.
So the bottom one must be the replacement for the top one.
On second thought, maybe I'll go with Tuna & Twister's answer.

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
I thought I read somewhere that Old Mud was the bomb master

Frigate

Captain
Boat Make
38' Duffy/Flower
That's a beauty, did you make it? If so brain picking time.

That one came from Tightlines Tackle (which is about 250 yards as the sea gull flys from Flower's Boatworks). I did buy ten feet of the his heat shrink from Dave at Tightlines for my other ones.

Frigate

Captain
Boat Make
38' Duffy/Flower
Tuna Pursuit, to many pictures in to many places. The picture I posted above is equal to El Mar's small tuna bomb. This picture is equal to El Mar's large tuna bomb but stealthy. Having made my own, even with shipping it is cheaper to buy them from Dave.

IMG_0022.jpg

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
I have no idea what it's intended use is, but it looks like a home made device.

A)Bunker oil dispenser
B)Epoxy resin metering can
C) Nothing you fools, it's just an old can with some crap mounted to it to see what ideas you can dream up.

At this point I might have to go with C :D

Frigate

Captain
Boat Make
38' Duffy/Flower
OK guys, and the answer is a mono steamer.

You want to rerig some lures and you take lengths of mono off the sprool and the lengths are not straight but still coiled. Put some water in the can and heat it. The tube in the can has holes drilled in the bottom of it. When steam starts coming out of the tube run mono leader through the tube a couple of times and all the memory is gone. You need to run the mono through just enough to lose the memory. Depending on the mono you could also lose strength if you run it through to many times and get it to hot.

Tuna Pursuit

Rear Admiral
Website
www.oliverwelding.com
Boat Make
Thunnus
Tuna Pursuit, to many pictures in to many places. The picture I posted above is equal to El Mar's small tuna bomb. This picture is equal to El Mar's large tuna bomb but stealthy. Having made my own, even with shipping it is cheaper to buy them from Dave.

I've just been using air brake line and drilling out an egg sinker, sliding the tube through the hole & electrical taping it but the long lead & heat shrink looks better.

Top Bottom