Race Picture's

YankeeFPT

Commander
Website
www.yankeemarina.com
Boat Make
If it floats we will be glad to work on it.
Just imagine what it would do with a 570 hp FPT. She did 30MPH with the 265 Deere. Commercial rated your still talking 450hp. Nice reasonable package, fuel efficient, and 35MPH to boot.

Last edited:

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
Just imagine what it would do with a 570 hp FPT. She did 30MPH with the 265 Deere. Commercial rated your still talking 450hp. Nice reasonable package, fuel efficient, and 35MPH to boot.

Throw our 784 inch hemi headed chevy on 4 guns in that bitch and see what she does ;)

Buck784hemi_zps5dfa298b.jpg

YankeeFPT

Commander
Website
www.yankeemarina.com
Boat Make
I think you might be biased to two of those boats!! Whered the Shellene end up anyway?

Just a little biased John. Shellene ended up in Harpswell. I saw her this summer while working on and FPT customer's boat. Peter had to pass me a tissue when I saw they cut the stern out.

Oh well I am just one lottery ticket away from my own 38YB...FPT powered of coarse.

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

YankeeFPT

Commander
Website
www.yankeemarina.com
Boat Make
Funny this thread popped back up. I had someone recently tell me how pointless racing was and it didn't do anything for engine or hull sales.

In the first picture is a great comparison of the 38 and 35YB. If your thinking of purchasing one of these this picture or actually being at the race may help you with your decision.

Maybe your building a 32 holland and your thinking about pushing the engine all the way forward. After you see Tuna Mojo or Miss Attitude roast another Holland with the engine pushed too far ahead you may change your mind.

It is more than racing, it is a giant test cell with beer, rum, fast boats and women in bikini's...and some that shouldn't be in bikini's.

Numasahake

Captain
Boat Make
Dodge Stationwagon
That hemi headed BB Chevy might have a problem making it thru the whole race season. The only gas motor that was consistently fast, that I can remember, was Stevie Johnson's boat with the big V12 Packhard Merlin. 1940's technology.:D

YankeeFPT

Commander
Website
www.yankeemarina.com
Boat Make
Way back in the day there was a wooden 30ft boat called Babe ran by Douglas Carter. had a gas 455 olds. Real working boat and went like a bat out of hell.

Top Bottom