racore making air

fvashmarie1

Lieutenant
Boat Make
36 Five Islands
any one got any ideas I got a 1000 racore that is making air every seal is in there and tight took all apart and put back together still making air
:eek:

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Make sure you didn't put a new gasket over top an old one anywhere, if that is possible.

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
Travis,if the drain is one of the ones that is glued in and not threaded into the bottom of the bowl,that is your air leak.
Yes check your drain plug. If the bubbles of air are in the bottom of the bowl that is where the problem is. Air bubble from a drain leak will be large. Air bumbles that are very fine and high in the bowl are a fuel line, which is rare unless something let loose. Go to where man last touched that is where the problem lies.

Whatta Catch

Lieutenant Commander
Website
www.whattacatch.com
Boat Make
40' H and H, 31 JC and 25' Carolina Skiff
Not sure if you see air bubbles in your racor or is your motor bogging down but On my JC I had a problem with air and it was driving us crazy. We have a Volvo in the boat and the secondary filter had a drain on the bottom of it and that's where our air was coming from. Volvo has since changed their design. Check to see if your secondary filter has a drain on the bottom.

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
44' Stanley, 40 Webbers Cove, 19 Ocean Pointer
Lid

Had to replace a pitted lid once as I could not get the t-handle o-ring to seal.

Northern bay

Lieutenant Commander
Could be debris from your tank blocking the pick up tube creating a venturi effect and making air visible in the racor.

fvashmarie1

Lieutenant
Boat Make
36 Five Islands
I bought a new raycore filter system and it fixed the problem so far got my fingers crossed that it was the problem

Top Bottom