Raw water pump for Lehman 4D61

Flying Finn

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Sisu
My season came to an end early. Noticed the pump dripping when underway, but temp never got above 180. Made it back to mooring, then next time fired up wasn't pumping out the exhaust. Shut her down before temp rose. Pump is dis-continued, but 4 are available ....for $900.00 each. Yikes! Wonder if the $235 repair kit will cure it, if not, wow! Any decent used pumps around?

Johnson 10-24119-5

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
put a seal kit in it, maybe a new cam if you can find one and flip the cover plate over. Doesn't jabsco crossover a pump for that motor ??

I think your pump is on here http://www.marineparts.com/mpf/mpf661.aspx i think it sells for Price: $420.75
Crossover from Jabsco to Johnson Marine Engine Pumps and Impellers
Please Remember we stock parts and accessories for all makes and models of marine engines and boats. These catalog pages represent just a few of the parts we stock. Use the search field on the top of the page to search by the Part Number with the abbreviation at the bottom of each page. If you do not find what you are looking for please fill out the info form and we will find the parts you need and respond with a quote.

mpf661.gif

Last edited:

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
My season came to an end early. Noticed the pump dripping when underway, but temp never got above 180. Made it back to mooring, then next time fired up wasn't pumping out the exhaust. Shut her down before temp rose. Pump is dis-continued, but 4 are available ....for $900.00 each. Yikes! Wonder if the $235 repair kit will cure it, if not, wow! Any decent used pumps around?

Johnson 10-24119-5
If I recall I believe your pump in gear driven. So you are suck with it. The dripping is cause from a bad seal. I would go with the rebuilding kit. The pump come apart easily. The bearing will have to be pressed onto the shaft, other that that you can do the rest.

Flying Finn

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Sisu
Thanks for the advise. I will be ordering the repair kit. Jabsco has a pump that is one digit different from mine, and I am waiting to hear from the distributer if it will work on my engine, which is an early 80's model but has only around 300 hours on it. After this I should be golden.

Top Bottom