Registering boat in NH

First Name
Kent
I'd say to the contrary, Mass sucks at getting their money. We've lost untold thousand if not millions of dollars in registration fees and taxes due to Mass residents registering their boats out of state simply because we've made the process such a nightmare. Most if not all the surrounding states have simpler/more convenient processes and less strict titling requirements. The hoops you have to jump through to register an old canoe you bought at a yard sale and want to put a trolling motor on is enough to make you want to start tarring and feathering legislatures.
That is another way to look at it but the sales tax on 100 - 500k yachts is way more lucrative than boat registrations. there is at least 50 500k boats at my marina. That is over 3 million. Masschusetts never does anything out of convenience its for revenue.

First Name
Kent
I'd say to the contrary, Mass sucks at getting their money. We've lost untold thousand if not millions of dollars in registration fees and taxes due to Mass residents registering their boats out of state simply because we've made the process such a nightmare. Most if not all the surrounding states have simpler/more convenient processes and less strict titling requirements. The hoops you have to jump through to register an old canoe you bought at a yard sale and want to put a trolling motor on is enough to make you want to start tarring and feathering legislatures.
The legislature really doesnt care.

Members online

Latest Posts

Top Bottom